November 2020 POTM Contest!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Official entry:

Fernando bird giving his momma some loving (he's supposed to be MY bird, but I don't think he got the memo).
*I don't know why the image is rotated like that. Maybe one of the mods can fix?*

Some back story regarding Birdnando: Fernando was raised by a woman who loved all animals dearly. A chef married the woman, and her birds as well. Unfortunately, the woman died after battling an illness for years, and Fernando went into a deep depression. He refused to talk and would not leave his cage. The chef, realizing he could no longer take care of his wife's birds, surrendered them to a shelter. Fastforward a couple years, and I start to volunteer at this shelter. My family falls in love with Fernando and we begin to foster him. We can't get him to stop talking! It turns out, my mom resembles his previous owner. On September 26th, we adopted Fernando and we haven't regretted it.
CHjPpY5.jpg

Truly a kind pose, thankfully Green Wings are capable of bonding with more than one human servant.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Official entry:

Fernando bird giving his momma some loving (he's supposed to be MY bird, but I don't think he got the memo).

*I don't know why the image is rotated like that. Maybe one of the mods can fix?*

Some back story regarding Birdnando: Fernando was raised by a woman who loved all animals dearly. A chef married the woman, and her birds as well. Unfortunately, the woman died after battling an illness for years, and Fernando went into a deep depression. He refused to talk and would not leave his cage. The chef, realizing he could no longer take care of his wife's birds, surrendered them to a shelter. Fastforward a couple years, and I start to volunteer at this shelter. My family falls in love with Fernando and we begin to foster him. We can't get him to stop talking! It turns out, my mom resembles his previous owner. On September 26th, we adopted Fernando and we haven't regretted it.

CHjPpY5.jpg

There you go, all fixed up. Fernando certainly looks like quite a loving guy! The kindness pays off! So happy he found you. :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Explain: What is this Kindness Behavior Thing!!!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://imgur.com/fkjllYA
uidkZKV.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Yes, Just for Fun!!!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This photo is several years old and has been seen here before! But, Julio was have an issue getting his BGF to attend to him today, so!!!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a reference, Julio was coming down from a Full Out Hormonal Rage and displaying all the "Go Ahead, Make My Day, isms!!! :D:D:D
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]May the Love Flow...
[/FONT]

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Explain: What is this Kindness Behavior Thing!!!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://imgur.com/fkjllYA
uidkZKV.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Yes, Just for Fun!!!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This photo is several years old and has been seen here before! But, Julio was have an issue getting his BGF to attend to him today, so!!!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a reference, Julio was coming down from a Full Out Hormonal Rage and displaying all the "Go Ahead, Make My Day, isms!!! :D:D:D
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]May the Love Flow...
[/FONT]

Haha! Thanks Steven. An oldie, but a goodie. Amazons don't exactly hide their feelings, do they? I love that about them- you always know where you stand. (As long as you pay attention) May the love flow... Before Julio starts the blood flow!

MrLaurieKeats

Jan 4, 2019
Media
Albums
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Fang the cockatiel, Valentino the budgie (aka Fang’s wingman)
Here is my official entry, Fang and Lilly and me.

WcPHLbh.jpg

Fang is here very kindly showing Lilly very early on that "Dada" is a nice guy and won't eat her. (Where did those days go?)

Fang is a great believer in paying it forward......

Well it has been two years now and he has not got one cent out of Lilly!

Last edited:
OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

WcPHLbh.jpg

Fang is here very kindly showing Lilly very early on that "Dada" is a nice guy and won't eat her. (Where did those days go?)

Oh my goodness, what a kind, sweet little soul Fang is! It just radiates from him, and shows in his eyes. :) And HRH Lilly Pilly is looking so charming and innocent... If only you knew then what you know now. lol!

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

WcPHLbh.jpg

There is my Beloved Crown Princess Lilly :10:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
There is my Beloved Crown Princess Lilly :10:

Yes indeed Aunty HEEDLESS, there she is, the little tyrant! Still waiting for HRH to pay the kindness forward to Val the budgie. So far..............nothing!

Meanwhile, there's nothing stopping you from making your gorgeous pic official! Parrotlover2001 too for that matter! Just sayin' ;)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Meanwhile, there's nothing stopping you from making your gorgeous pic official! Parrotlover2001 too for that matter! Just sayin' ;)

Thank you Martina, I agree! Fantastic pictures, but only 2 official entries so far. Keep them coming folks!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
What a great theme Jon. We were evacuated NYE 2019 and never saw our old home ever again. We were burnt out in the firestorm of Jan.4, 2020 that crossed over from the State of Victoria into South Coast New South Wales. Shortly afterward the COVID pandemic arrived and with it the restrictions and shortages that came with it (especially toilet paper LOL ,not sure if the USA suffered the same short supply of such a necessity!).

We were nomads until mid-July when we finally arrived at our new property. I reckon we would have suffered greatly without the 'KINDNESS' we received from so many, especially our PF family who kept us in their thoughts and prayers. Thank you all...it meant a great deal to us. A special thank you to Terry57 who contacted us and then kept you up to date on what was happening with us. Thank you for your KINDNESS Terry57.

Once again, kudos for choosing 'Kindness' Jon. Perhaps we can extend the theme to the entire forum and find a kind honest word to post to one another and then 'pay it forward'. :)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
What a great theme Jon. We were evacuated NYE 2019 and never saw our old home ever again. We were burnt out in the firestorm of Jan.4, 2020 that crossed over from the State of Victoria into South Coast New South Wales. Shortly afterward the COVID pandemic arrived and with it the restrictions and shortages that came with it (especially toilet paper LOL ,not sure if the USA suffered the same short supply of such a necessity!).

We were nomads until mid-July when we finally arrived at our new property. I reckon we would have suffered greatly without the 'KINDNESS' we received from so many, especially our PF family who kept us in their thoughts and prayers. Thank you all...it meant a great deal to us. A special thank you to Terry57 who contacted us and then kept you up to date on what was happening with us. Thank you for your KINDNESS Terry57.

Once again, kudos for choosing 'Kindness' Jon. Perhaps we can extend the theme to the entire forum and find a kind honest word to post to one another and then 'pay it forward'. :)
Thank YOU for your words of kindness! We're so glad after all you've been through that you're back around! You've been missed. I love your thought of paying it forward! Brilliant! With some luck, maybe my little contest thread could be a starting point :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
"Random Acts of Kindness" ( Anne Herbert - 1982) is what is gonna heal a lotta things. Salty never really looks kind, but he's learned his bite pressure pretty well, so a lotta times he is being 'kind', without looking kind. Be a pretty silly entry, showing him being kind in the process of biting me. :18:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Absolutely right Debbie! And few people understand the importance of kindness better than you, after all the agonies you and yours have been through. We were all so worried about you and missed you enormously. It’s so wonderful that you’ve been able to make a fresh start, and bring your warmth and positivity back to our little community.

We are put on this earth to be of service to others, and this Forum is yet another means that enables us to do exactly that. We’re not always able to pay a kindness back, but we can ALWAYS pay it forward :)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Al, not silly at all! It's all about context, and that idea is a perfect example. Bring it on, my friend!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Glad you are back, Debbie! I know you'll build back better even as the monstrous fire was unable to singe your soul or dampen your kindness!

mboundy

Dec 27, 2018
My entry,

I love how they are " holding hands".

Poco and Prim, preening.

Mike
12c4d1df68234d86852baa7339469074.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
My entry,

Poco and Prim, preening.

Mike

Awww, holding hands and everything! If that's not a beautiful moment of kindness, I don't know what is. Thank you for that, what stunning babies they are! :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
My entry,

Poco and Prim, preening.

Mike

Awww, holding hands and everything! If that's not a beautiful moment of kindness, I don't know what is. Thank you for that, what stunning babies they are! :)

Grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! This one gets me right in the "feels"! Gorgeous babies and a beautifully captured image!

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
Nothing more Kinder than good parents looking after their gorgeous little babies

25232d1605052305-november-2020-potm-contest-img_8074.jpg

Last edited:
OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Nothing more Kinder than good parents looking after their gorgeous little babies

25232d1605052305-november-2020-potm-contest-img_8074.jpg
My friend, I think you're right about that! Nothing better than good parenting for sweet innocent babies. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts