Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Still a few days left! We always seem to have a few last minute entries, so don't miss out. Contest is open through the 28th, so now's your chance... Keep that kindness flowing, folks! :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I am LOVING this month's entries! What an inspired theme! And what captivatingly touching pics! We're nearing the end, though, so keep those entries coming!

Here is a JFF image of Maya imposing her kindness on poor Bixby. And Bixby Kindly tolerating her forwardness. Lol! It was always obvious that while Bixby shared her feelings of attraction, he was a more... reserved kind of fellow. Less comfortable with such aggressive public displays of affection. But Maya? She saw what she wanted and took it! Lol! He never had a chance.
JO11PnP.jpg

And both Maya and Jolly being kind enough to indulge their dad's silliness, being utterly unfazed by my choice in headgear.
kXud8Re.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am LOVING this month's entries! What an inspired theme! And what captivatingly touching pics! We're nearing the end, though, so keep those entries coming!

Here is a JFF image of Maya imposing her kindness on poor Bixby. And Bixby Kindly tolerating her forwardness. Lol! It was always obvious that while Bixby shared her feelings of attraction, he was a more... reserved kind of fellow. Less comfortable with such aggressive public displays of affection. But Maya? She saw what she wanted and took it! Lol! He never had a chance.
JO11PnP.jpg

And both Maya and Jolly being kind enough to indulge their dad's silliness, being utterly unfazed by my choice in headgear.
kXud8Re.jpg

First image literally a summary of Ekkie behavior and dominance!

Love the second pic, Maya and Jolly enjoying their superhuman dad's new garb!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a heartwarming month of pictures. Jon, your wonderful theme has inspired so many fantastic entries!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Off the record, just for fun:

In May 2012 Meisha was wanted by local police. She surrendered willfully and endured the mug shot with smiles.
There was a writeup in the Dallas Morning News neighborhood section.
The police department requested Meisha's participation in an article on animal control:
Meisha-DMN-1-of-2-v2s.png

Last edited:

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)
Rip-Sky
Rip-Bell
Official Entry
Valentino and Sky

gemster-albums-sky-valentine-picture22846-brighter-version.jpeg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

JO11PnP.jpg

kXud8Re.jpg

Love these, Stephen! Maya is one determined lady for sure! Mine are the opposite- Tucker lives for a chance to woo his lady love, the beautiful Baxter. Sadly, she wants no part of that, and makes it painfully clear, "No means NO!"

Absolutely amazing your duo doesn't freak out over that SCARY mask, lol! I don't think mine would stand for it. :)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Off the record, just for fun:

In May 2012 Meisha was wanted by local police. She surrendered willfully and endured the mug shot with smiles.
There was a writeup in the Dallas Morning News neighborhood section.
The police department requested Meisha's participation in an article on animal control:
Meisha-DMN-1-of-2-v2s.png

Well, Meisha is quite the celebrity, even if she is a hardened criminal making the headlines... Awesome yet again, thank you for sharing this!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Official Entry
Valentino and Sky

gemster-albums-sky-valentine-picture22846-brighter-version.jpeg

OOOOOHHH! Birdie kisses on the head. So sweet! I can see the love in that little eye. Budgies are so darn cute, and this is exceptional! Thank you!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Still a little time left to get those last minute entries in, folks. You know you want to! :)

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
You're right, Jon.

The Rickeybird shows his kind side. Just for funsies (so is his kind side).

csKbEZZ.png

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
You're right, Jon.

csKbEZZ.png

Ha! My darling Baxter actually did something like that. When she was at the refuge, one of the volunteers tried to give her some beaky kisses. Yuuuup, wound up in the ER with an unintended lip piercing! Oh, those crazy kids! :p

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
World Kindness Month is coming to a close, and soon, the November POTM contest will as well. Still time for those last minute entries, so don't miss your chance! Contest closes tomorrow morning Eastern Standard Time.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
A huge thank you to everyone who participated in my very first POTM contest!!!

The Official and Just for fun entries are amazing! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. You all truly brought some kindness to brighten things up for 2020!

The contest is now closed, and the poll is open. Head on over, and vote for your favorite! Link to the poll below. Don't forget, if you're using Tapatalk, the poll won't be visible, so you'll need to log in on a web browser to view and vote. Good luck everyone! :)

Poll closes the morning of Tuesday, December 1st, at which time we will announce the winner!

http://www.parrotforums.com/photo-month-contest/87943-november-2020-potm-poll.html

Last edited:
OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thank you so much! Definitely a huge learning curve, but it was fun, and the pictures and stories... Amazing! Have I mentioned how much I love this place?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
You're right, Jon.

csKbEZZ.png

Ha! My darling Baxter actually did something like that. When she was at the refuge, one of the volunteers tried to give her some beaky kisses. Yuuuup, wound up in the ER with an unintended lip piercing! Oh, those crazy kids! :p

LOL Yup Amy did the same:eek: One night he was on my fingers being sooooo extra lovey as I skritched away at his noggin,giving little kissies to him...then..WHAM!! both beaks right thru one of my nostrils :mad: Still hurts when I think about it.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts