mbJkHIv.jpg

And Penny and Neptune
6qJmMWI.jpg

Just for fun
Neptune abd Ta-dah
KiU0RHj.jpg

Cloudy and Penny
g6MOUnP.jpg

Thank you so much for these, Laura! Kindness and love abounds in every one of them!

I think the thing I like most about this month's theme, is the overwhelming desire to say, "AAAAAWWWWWW" with every picture. The goal was to be the ultimate feel good/warm and fuzzy theme, which I thought we could all use these days. Mission accomplished!

Keep them coming folks!

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Jon the first half of the month of your inspired Contest has been spectacular! I cannot wait to see what spectacular entries may be yet to come!

tumblr_lfre8sf9Ww1qc4uvwo1_500.gif

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Jon the first half of the month of your inspired Contest has been spectacular! I cannot wait to see what spectacular entries may be yet to come!

tumblr_lfre8sf9Ww1qc4uvwo1_500.gif
Thank you KINDLY! :D I'm looking forward to more of these amazing entries as we head in to the second half of the month. Fantastic so far!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

***Just for fun: Squeaky grooming his brother Abby, enjoying sibling kindness.***

0MaQzzf.jpg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
***Just for fun: Squeaky grooming his brother Abby, enjoying sibling kindness.***

0MaQzzf.jpg
Beautiful example of "brotherly love." Perfect! Still can't help myself, has to be said... AAAAWWWWW! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590] Thank you so much, Scott!

I keep scrolling back through all the pictures, and I get the "aaaawwww, warm and fuzzies" all over again. So happy my first POTM has inspired such beautiful entries! Thank you all. I suspect there's more to come. :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Jon, you are a marvel, always, always. This is a wonderful contest. Sorry I'm a ittle late to the party, but then again, what a great immersion, starting with your great intro and then all the goodies.
MANNNNNNNN, you got THAT right... about 2020 and all.
I'll rustle up something to show the ol' Rb's kind side (yeah, well, I my have to make it up, completely, but I'll manage!).
Matter of fact, there is a little Margarita mix left over in the fridge to get me going... SALUD!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Jon, you are a marvel, always, always. This is a wonderful contest. Sorry I'm a ittle late to the party, but then again, what a great immersion, starting with your great intro and then all the goodies.
I'll rustle up something to show the ol' Rb's kind side (yeah, well, I my have to make it up, completely, but I'll manage!).
Matter of fact, there is a little Margarita mix left over in the fridge to get me going... SALUD!
Gail's here!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! My love, you can come to the party ANY TIME you like! We'll just say you're "fashionably late." That's classy, you know. :)

Thank you so much for the thumbs up. After all the amazing themes you've come up with, that's high praise indeed for my first attempt. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the kind side of the Rb. I know there's one in there somewhere, otherwise, he certainly wouldn't have been with you for... Ummmm... EVER!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Gail brings the Margarita mix, we'll all contribute something delicious and party like its 2021... not soon enough to put this wretched year to pasture!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Gail's here!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! My love, you can come to the party ANY TIME you like! We'll just say you're "fashionably late." That's classy, you know. :)

Thank you so much for the thumbs up. After all the amazing themes you've come up with, that's high praise indeed for my first attempt. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the kind side of the Rb. I know there's one in there somewhere, otherwise, he certainly wouldn't have been with you for... Ummmm... EVER!

No Worries Regarding Rickybird! Julio has already set the tone for none perfect Kindness! :D

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
At the end of a presentation on umbrella cockatoos at a skilled nursing facility,
Meisha flew out white roses for the female guests.
Meisha-Plaza-Rose-v8.png

The image is a screen shot of a video frame, resulting in the poor quality.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

At the end of a presentation on umbrella cockatoos at a skilled nursing facility,
Meisha-Plaza-Rose-v8.png

Seniors respond well to the kindness of visits with exotic animals!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Meisha-Plaza-Rose-v8.png

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful thing to do with Meisha! This just made my day. We work closely with our local hospice organization, so we see how much a simple gesture can make a difference in someone's life. I can only imagine how something like what you did would go over. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Meisha-Plaza-Rose-v8.png

Seniors respond well to the kindness of visits with exotic animals!

Beautiful thing to do! I wish Bumble was friendly with strangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Thank you for the comments.

In reflection were approached by Children's Medical Center of Dallas years ago about bringing Meisha to visit patients, however the project was cancelled the day before we were to appear citing restrictions.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Official entry
Pikachu likes to hold onto one of my fingers as he falls asleep. But he kept opening his eyes when I try to catch in a picture. He is such a sweet boy

25285d1605630741-november-2020-potm-contest-20201117_112608.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Official entry
Pikachu likes to hold onto one of my fingers as he falls asleep. But he kept opening his eyes when I try to catch in a picture. He is such a sweet boy

So kind to hold his "hand," but funny how they enjoy making it a challenge to take pics!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Official entry

Awwww! Yup, more awwww moments :) Supreme kindness from Mama, holding Pikachu's little hand so he can fall asleep. I'm feeling the urge to add a quaker of every color to my parrot bucket list. Probably good to control my MBS that they're illegal to own in our state, but still... Sooo cute!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm a blessed lady, Some may remember Pikachu was re homed to me from a wonderful person who joined our forum to find the best homes for his babies. I resisted for 2 weeks i think, sure someone would step up. But with his last desperate plea for a home or he would take them to the pet store I jumped in. Made tge 5 hour round trip to bring him home!! And Silver Sage stepped up to take the two cockatiels.

I urge all to to consider stepping up for a rehome, I feel most of our parrots can learn to co exist with a little management, they are flock creatures...

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts