now THIS is ALOT of snow.....

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I honestly don't know how the birds survive, they must have to endure plenty with weather like this.

we've got 2-3" more just since I first posted the pictures. overnight it's suppose to get freezing rain, then high winds.....the kids are happy, it's doubtful school will be tomorrow.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We have had freezing rain twice this week, makes it so dangerous on the roads. My hubby works outside doing siding and I don't know how he stands it out there.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
oh wow, that would be very dangerous, I HATE freezing rain, you can't drive on it, walk on it, your just plain stuck in it.

hubby is back out doing the driveway again, another 4 inches.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Yikes, you are really getting it! It is beautiful, though:) I so enjoy it (from inside the house)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
I love seeing the pics of the snow. We have been having temps in the day around the 40C (about 102F) for about a week now. It is so freakin hot.

I guess it does not matter where you live - at some point you don't like the weather.

Hope you all remain safe in the weather no matter what type it is.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
now that's what I call a 'roasting temperature'.....you can probably fry an egg on the pavement.

your right, no matter what the extreme weather we're never happy, but I have to say it's very pretty.

I saw a van spin out this morning, he was going too fast and mounted a huge snowbank, no body hurt, thankfully, they were just embarrassed.....patiently waiting for a tow truck.

now we're waiting for the deeeeeep freeze to come, that should be fun(sarcasm)

I lost Motley in the snow today (my dachshund/Jack Russell) he jumped head first trying to get to Harely (my German Shep/Husky) and poor Motley just sunk into the snow....all you could see was his head, haha....meanwhile Harley is barking at him trying to get him to move, it was too funny.

I came to the rescue and had to pull him out of a two foot drift, I I should get him snow shoes, LOL

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This is a pic of the swing in our backyard. Hubby shoveled a path on the left for the dogs, but Church always jumps right in like Motley and has to be dug out. Love Motley's name! Is it from Motley Crue?

522406_10152109174919693_1295986780_n.jpg

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I actually wish it were 85 and sunny year round!! But i say that the misery of winter exists to keep me from having skin cancer. :D And i do crazy things like clean and organize the basement (because what else is there to do if i can't go out but eat and clean, LOL)
I admit there is a certain, very temporary, charm to snow for me too though. I kind of want to bundle up and play in it.........then have it all melt and be back on a beach.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I LOVE looking at pictures of snow, I really do. :) I just don't like when Mother Nature dumps it over here. :54:

Michael, you asked if I drove in it. Today was the FIRST time I've driven anywhere since my little accident. :rolleyes: Streets are cleared up now....it rained cats and dogs this morning. Woke up to well over 40 degrees outside, but POURING rain, and the temperature is now dropping rapidly.

Ice skating, anyone???? :D

Blueridge

Sep 16, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
Rocky - Yellow-Faced Quaker Parrot
I have delayed school tomorrow because the temp. is going to be 20 F in the morning here in North Carolina.

Darn global warming is broken lol

Last edited:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I'm with Amanda - reading all your posts about snow and freezing is quite refreshing in our stifling 43ΒΊ heat. What's worse is that here in Newcastle, we've been having alternate days of misting rain with thick cloud. The humidity is unbearable - like having your head stuck in a fishbowl. We went on a family picnic on the weekend and it was 46ΒΊ in the shade! Not much fun with two little babies there, although we kept sponging them with water for most of the day. Even the crows in the park were gasping, so I left them a container full of water when we left.

Someone (Beth?) said they'd rather have our sand? Yeah, right! Ya want third degree burns all over your feet? LOLOL! On the really hot days, it can be a challenge making your way into the Specific Ocean - first ya gotta get across the burning sand with your feet intact. I want hubby to sink our very large wheelie bin into the ground and fill it with water for me to soak in... but he won't. Sigh.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I am better at dealing with the cold rather than the humidity:( I am too old for that now, I think. I can always put on more clothes, but can only take off so much before being arrested:)
43 degrees, I can't even imagine!!

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
The dig out this morning was a lot...up to my waist near the house in my driveway. But no matter, we're trapped like rats (Antarctic rats) because the city hasn't plowed so the roads are impassible. No mail, no work, a day gone to the birds:) they loved it, as it was play-day all day long. Doesn't look like they'll plow tomorrow either. THIS SUCKS!!! But it was extremely pretty outside today, sunny and pure white. Tonite, the wind-chills go down to 35 below 0 F.
I'll take the heat over this any day, I love hot weather. But this is home (sigh)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Oh I hear you Kalidasa-
our roads here are plowed even before sun up, can't complain about that.
I went out around 2 this afternoon and the roads were dry, even after all that snow!

were going to be in the deep freeze too....brrrrrr!, nasty nasty temps, lol.

there is just something about hot temperatures, they seem easier to deal with than this freezer box we call home ;)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
All this talk of cold weather ,,, now it's spread to down here! 40 F here this AM, coldest temp in 4 yrs. Hope it doesn't mess up the tomatoes and peas. Had to put plastic around the aviary and turn on the heater, even brought the orchids in.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
glad to hear you saved your orchids :)....it would be terrible to loose such beautiful delicate flowers.

school was cancelled today due to the extreme cold.....-28F or -18.4C....

I think I'll throw some seed outside for the birds today.....poor things.

BACON

May 18, 2013
All this talk of cold/snow.

All we have here in England is rain, rain and more we RAIN. Throw in a fair bit of wind and we've got floods etc.

The weather around the world is amazing at the minute.

I just wish we had some snow here. I like snow :)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
I just had to share this pic since we have been having such hot days here......

ca6f3a0ab91df7edf0e000129fa963f3_zps428b0a1a.jpg

This was not my photo but one from a newspaper that appeared on my Facebook feed.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
oh that is priceless!!.....I'm sure it gave some much added relief to the stifling hot weather your having.

thanks for sharing Bundiibird :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts