October is for Ghost stories!

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
When I was little ( four ) I was scared of the dark. No wonder!! I had a torch by my bed, and I shone it at the wall. The shadow of a person was on there!! I flicked out the torch and on again. The shadow was gone.

I was lying awake in bed in the middle of a thunderstorm, and a flash of lightning light up a figure, standing in the middle of the room. Naturally, I turned on the light, but nothing was there.

My mum and dad told me to clean my room, so I left my recorder on the kitchen bench. Within a coupe of minutes, I herd a recorder playing. I rushed to tell my brother not to touch my recorder, and it was lying on the bench still. I asked if my brother had played the instriment, but he hadn't. I asked my parents whether they had heard a recorder, and they had, but had thought it had been me.

I was sleeping in a tent with my best friend. I heard a deep growling noise, and was about to tell her to stop it, but she told me to stop it. I replied that it wasn't me and the noise continued through our discussion. I went outside with a torch, and nothing was there. That may or may not have been the 'werepossum' ( a regular growler that sits outside my window at full moon. It's name is Harvey, and it has a baby ).

Last edited:

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Ok here it is! Windows, or the unknown are throwing the most crucial 6 seconds away where you can see me standing still while the towel kept on coming towards me. We can see it on the cctv software so I will show Ant when she comes to visit again.

Take note:
> My tarantula that is missing are NOT THAT BIG to lift the towel that high!
> There is only a 5mm cab under the freezer so it can not be a mouse.
> The towel did not get stuck to me because it ONLY moved when I stepped back with my right foot that NEVER touched the towel.
> It moved WHILE I WAS STANDING STILL - LIFTING HIGHER AND HIGHER.
> It turned left AND FOLLOWED ME before it dropped flat again.

The beginning is in real speed and the end is slowed down by 3, watch it in full screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqABiCSJIA]YouTube - haunted towel[/ame]

I AM STILL FREAKED OUT!

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
A movie that severely freaked Craig and I out was Paranormal Activity!

Of all the scary movies this one was the most disturbing and left me scared for a quite a few nights.

Here are the trailers!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDNjFJUyUz4]YouTube - 'Paranormal Activity' Trailer 2 HD[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074]YouTube - "Paranormal Activity" - Official Trailer [HQ HD][/ame]

Paranormal Activity 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asI3ykxZA-4]YouTube - Paranormal Activity 2 - Official Trailer 2 HD[/ame]

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
OMG Linky lol, you have a towel ghost. Kinda freaky how the 6 seconds missing are the crucial parts. Maybe the ghost edited the film :eek:. That....or you are just trying to freak us out ;)

Check behind the fridge, it might just be Master Yoda practicing towel levitation

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
OMG Linky lol, you have a towel ghost. Kinda freaky how the 6 seconds missing are the crucial parts. Maybe the ghost edited the film :eek:. That....or you are just trying to freak us out ;)

Check behind the fridge, it might just be Master Yoda practicing towel levitation

I knew you were going to say that! :( Those seconds ARE NOT MISSING it is just windows that loose it somehow? I AM GOING TO SHOW ANT THE FULL THING ON THE CCTV PLAYBACK AND THEN YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME. :(

There was nothing, Craig checked EVERYTHING!

After watching it in slowmo Craig also thinks the towel is haunted.

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia

I knew you were going to say that! :( Those seconds ARE NOT MISSING it is just windows that loose it somehow? I AM GOING TO SHOW ANT THE FULL THING ON THE CCTV PLAYBACK AND THEN YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME. :(

There was nothing, Craig checked EVERYTHING!

After watching it in slowmo Craig also thinks the towel is haunted.

Aww, I do believe you linky, I'm just yanking your chain ;)

It would be cool to see that CCTV footage if you can figure a way to put it on the pc. This is very spooky

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Okay... I didn't see the wires... or the mirror... but it had to be wires or mirrors... had to be. Really? Please?

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
It would be cool to see that CCTV footage if you can figure a way to put it on the pc. This is very spooky

I wonder if Nero will do the same? I've set the cameras to record in 5 minute files, it makes it easier to find something. When we use the cctv software for playback then it remains continues. But with other software it is 2 files and the break is exactly there where I stood still and the towel moved. Very weird that those seconds just disappears.:confused:

But even without those 6 seconds you can still see how the towel turned left and followed me! You can also see that it was lifted and then went flat!

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
No way it was fishing wire... it was mirrors. I think Craig did it. Did you see Linky scoot like a scalded cat. Who knows what an enchanted towel could do. Hold the phone. Linky... you are a fool. Tame the thing. Get it to work for you. Cut it in half and get it to breed. Use Ant as your local AT (Animated Towel) distributor. Problem solved and no mirrors involved. Okay, I am done now. Phew.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I should actually load the footage of Craig going to put on his boots and getting the broom to kill what ever it was! :D I am sure you would be able to see how I was shaking! He lifted the towel with the broom and laid it flat on the kitchen counter and CHECKED if there was any string that could have hooked on to me. He did not believe me! :( Then I remembered that the cameras were still on and we sat for an hour and watched, played back, slow mo, backwards, frame by frame and the ONLY conclusion was - IT MOVED BY ITSELF!

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
I am sticking with mirrors. I don't WANT TO BELIEVE

SharonC

May 26, 2010
That is rather disconncerting....well, downright scary, actually.

OK, here's my ghost story. I swear there is no exaggeration. After this happened, I now believe in "ghosts" or at least "residual energy".

A few years ago, our Mini Schnauzer had cancer, and we decided to put him down. He was suffering, so we made the decision to do what was best for him. I was working, had a small child, so hubby headed off to the vet alone. Both my daughter and I said our goodbyes at home.

Hubby came home, and heard the dogs footsteps in the snow, on the way into the house. We all heard his nails on the floor. I explained to my little girl, who was also hearing him, that we were so accustomed to hearing his sounds that we would probably hear them until we adjusted. The sounds continued daily...

A couple of weeks later hubby and I sat down to watch a movie. Benji's wicker basket was still in the living room, as my little girl didn't want it put away. The wicker started to "creak" as it did when Benji circled before he settled in it. I looked at hubby, who was looking at me...We're both hearing it at the same time...Ummmm...seems odd, if we're just imagining his sounds.

Fast forward four months. We decided to take our daughter to Disneyworld. We were gone for three weeks. I had a friend water my plants. She was at my door upon my return, looking worried. She started the conversation with..."I have something to tell you, and I don't want to scare you".........I immediately knew that she had heard Benji. I had not mentioned any of the above to ANYONE, as people tend to think you're crazy when such things are brought up. Benji had barked everytime my friend had entered the house...and she heard him, not knowing that we had been hearing him...

Weird, but not scary for me. It was almost comforting.

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I have always had an open mind, but didn't necessarily believe that everything unexplained was because of "ghosties and goulies"...I now believe that there is something after death...some part of us that moves on...or sometimes, doesn't move on right away.

boabab95

Jun 21, 2010
Southern Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Maroon-Bellied Conure
Here's another one- picture says it all

SITWIII.jpg

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
OMG!! If you watch the last clip of slow motion, you can see how once she gets beyond the towel and is running, watch the towel, on the left side (looking at it) if lifts just a tad. That is FREAKY FREAKY!

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Sharon, what an incredible experience. I have no explanation, and in this case am not hoping for wires or mirrors, just smiling and enjoying the experience you had of Bengi's love during and after his life with you.

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Thanks...I think that's why I found it comforting and not scary. He just didn't quite understand what was happening and "came home" as always. We had another dog after Benji.... She died at the age of 14..at home, with my hand on her head. She did not come back. I attribute that to the fact that she died, knowing what was happening.

Most Reactions