October is for Ghost stories!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Lots of static energy around Linky?? Where did the towel come from. Did you guys look under the towel to see if one of Liky's critters was underneath?? So now here we are nearing Haloween 2010 and we have the strange phenomenon of the moving towel. I really do not know what to make of it! very spooky.
23.gif
8.gif
6.gif

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Lots of static energy around Linky?? Where did the towel come from. Did you guys look under the towel to see if one of Liky's critters was underneath?? So now here we are nearing Haloween 2010 and we have the strange phenomenon of the moving towel. I really do not know what to make of it! very spooky.
23.gif
8.gif
6.gif

Linky placed the towel on the floor, for cleaning purposes.
When I viewed the footage at Linky, Craig went straight to the towel, lifted it and checked both sides. Searched everywhere and found nothing.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I don't know what to say. I am totally stunned by what happened to you and the boys. You have much more courage than I have for I would never have been able to ride it out until some sort of peace was declared. Gosh, Ant!

Barbara, I did not have courage, I was just so exhausted, from moving unpacking etc.

The following morning, I stood there crying, thinking we have not even finished unpacking, now I must look for another place

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hi guys/gals,

I believe you 100% Linky - very scary!!!!!

I have a story - Bogo (Barbara) I think you will be glad that you dont live in South Africa....;)

She was dubbed "The Ghost of Uniondale" and is known by many across the world. If you google her you will find many different versions of her story and webpages dedicated to her. It was about 6 years ago and my boss and I were staying at a B&B in Uniondale as we had taken 30 horses to a show there. The man who owned the B&B had lived in Uniondale and was the 5 generation to live there. He owned "Swani's Gat" B&B and I had heard of the story but didnt think there was much truth in it. I asked him about it with a grin.....I wasnt grinning when he had finished the story.

It happened in the 1970's and a young bride-to-be was driving her beetle to a nearby town to collect her dress. At an intersection she has an accident and was killed. Her fiance was devastated - naturally and was in despair at the loss of his soul mate in life. A couple of years later a man passed through town and told the locals of how he saw a woman hitch hiking at an intersection. He offered her a lift and they chatted etc. When they had nearly reached town he glanced to the left and the woman was gone - he hadnt stopped and was going at average speed. This became a pattern and the locals heard all sorts of stories where she would be riding at the back on the motorbike and all of a sudden disapear. There have been many stories and different versions but she had been sighted by locals and strangers.

A couple of years before Swani told us about her, her fiance had passed away and the sightings of her had stopped. No-one has seen her since he was buried. Swani said that according to the locals she was waiting for her fiance and now that they are together she no longer needs to drift on earth as a lost soul.

The locals are proud of their ghost as tourists have flocked from all over the world to hear the stories told...imagine giving her a lift and then she just disapears.....that would FREAK me out!!!

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
That's really rather cool although rather sad for the lady
glad things all worked out and so many people were blessed with her presense

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
You are making me crazy. I keep promising myself I won't open this thread anymore

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Let, me see if I get this straight... you are reassured about your "living dead" towel because Ant, who's apartment should be on a ghost tour despite her best efforts, went in your loo and splashed water????? Okay... I really really really am going to stop opening this silly thread. (Right.....)

Most Reactions

Latest posts