Only Macaws on the website title header?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
When most non-bird people think "parrots" they're picturing a macaw. I get why they're the ones featured, though it would be nice to see a greater assortment of parrots:)

That maybe true, but in a long and detailed discussion with my employer, Julio stated your answer of a couple of years ago is still the Firm Position of the Amazons:

"I have spoken to the Kiwi on this, and he has informed me the stocky green group is happy to see macaws as the face of the forum. Takes the focus off them, as they wish to conspire against us humans behind the scenes and not be in the spotlight/public eye:16:"

After checking into this issue further, amazons do indeed continue to disrespectfully demand to NOT be represented as they wish to continue their nefarious activities in the shadows. However they do strongly support as many other species as possible being thrust into the public eye as a mass distraction technique:p

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
Believe me or not. Changing the banner is easy cheesy, it is the near equivalent of changing the background color or font.

adding or changing categories and other functions like albums is more complicated.

Send me the code. I will bet myself I can change the banner on all the pages currently affected in 15 minutes or less. You can run it on a separate machine. It is that easy cheesy. All web pages are written in HTML

Someone is pulling yalls legs.

Then again it might be of a proprietary nature where you cant make changes unless you pay the pied piper. I thought Paskiandride used this board. Could be they changed since changes aren't easy to make and or costly.

Time to change formats

Have any proof, or just enjoy stirring the pot?

Five years of moderation experience with over 200k members. I was also going to buy Paskiandride at one time. I think I know a little about a lot. and yep trying to stir the pot. Fundamentally, to me, something is missing here on this forum.

To me based on my experience its not hard to figure out or make educated guesses on how to fix uhh stuff..

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Again ... It's not the changes that are hard as much as the testing. It's much better to roll several changes in at once rather than piecemeal. Speaking as long time Big Company and Startup Company IT survivor.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Five years of moderation experience with over 200k members. I was also going to buy Paskiandride at one time. I think I know a little about a lot. and yep trying to stir the pot. Fundamentally, to me, something is missing here on this forum.

To me based on my experience its not hard to figure out or make educated guesses on how to fix uhh stuff..

Is this what you moderated? https://www.paskiandride.com/forums/

Total members = 2499 (a tad fewer than >200K)
Users as of 4-30-2018 at 1722 UTC = 12
Total posts = 295,821
Total topics = 16063

Sorry, but I am underwhelmed. Your comparison and diagnosis make little sense to me.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
What the Amazonienne said.

And what Scott said!

And for me, enough said!

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
OK ... if there really are some changes or updates scheduled, could we have a ROFL-type button and a WTF-type button? And I know this is terrible quality, but I made a right-side header image with the Rickeybird.

kentuckienne-albums-assorted-picture19933-parrot-hrrb.jpg

OP
Sunnyclover

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
OK ... if there really are some changes or updates scheduled, could we have a ROFL-type button and a WTF-type button? And I know this is terrible quality, but I made a right-side header image with the Rickeybird.

kentuckienne-albums-assorted-picture19933-parrot-hrrb.jpg
[/QUOTE

I was thinking nthe same thing! Great suggestion.

Most Reactions

Latest posts