Opportunity for a Gold Cap conure???

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Tomorrow I have the opportunity to go look at a 2 year old gold cap conure.
he is incredibly tame, will go to just about anyone, and does not bite. This bird has been extremely well socialized, particularly with children.
From what I understand he came from a man that wanted to breed him, but failed due to the bird being just to nice, and prefers human interaction....could this be the one???

I have researched gold caps on line, and I have previously owned 2 conures before, but have not worked out for various, but serious reasons.
I love conures, and have always wanted another one.
I am concerned about the noise level, as I know some types can be noisier than others.

all my cockatiels and lovebirds have been well socialized with my previous conures with no issues, everyone got along very well, and am hoping this will be the same case.

The other concern is my Senegal Safari, I would love to get her a companion, not to be caged together, but just to spend time with when I am unavailable.She has previously bonded with my other two conures and got along extremely well with them.
But I know there is no guarantee that they will get along.

I was just wondering if anyone of here own a gold cap, and what u like about them, and what you don't.

I have a very nice flight cage for him,and if I do bring him home, he will be gently introduced to my other birds.but only once the quarantine period is over.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Most Reactions

Latest posts