Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Witch Baby is a character from one of my favorite books.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Monica is my name. Generally speaking, that name isn't taken on any forums. Monica is a somewhat uncommon name as compared to other girls names, so it's normally easy for me to use that name. On this forum however, the username was already taken the year before I joined, by someone who only posted twice...

So I added "Mc" onto my name. It is the initials to my last names, the initials I use (although, considering, I should use MM as my initials), and also is part of one of my last names.

So not very creative! ;)

I have also used MonicaNFids, sometimes shortened to MFids! (that one should be self explanatory! :D )

Sterling, I love "Latency Kills"! Although I normally say "laggamuffins"! LOL

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Riddick is the name of my old burmese python. He died from the disease that killed most of my snakes years ago now. He was actually like a dog more then a snake which I know some find hard to imagine but thats what he acted like half the time. And Riddick was named after the character Riddick, the one Vin Diesel played...I liked those movies a lot when I was younger.

When he was small...

When he got a bit bigger...

The 07 is from my showing days with my horse Chip. Since he was a quarter horse and I showed in the hunter ring he was very looked down upon. He was also the wrong color for the hunter ring. A quarter horse had no place in a hunter ring and everyone made sure I knew that even though I was only 12 and 13 at the time. It was always fun to force the judges to place us or see the stuck up rich owners eat their words. I remember this one owner had a horse worth over $100,000 and the trainer thought he had won before the thing started but the owner was riding. Should have seen how angry the trainer was that a quarter horse and a 12 year old beat him... Anyway when we went to Devon, one of the major shows on the east coast in the USA, we weren't expected to place by most since the best horses were there and I wasn't a professional rider, and only 13, so of course I couldn't compete against the pros... We placed 7th out of the 27 in the ring. There was one older judge that I swear was laughing because he found the shocked faces around us just as funny as I did:D

By the way I still have no idea why adults found it appropriate to make snide comments to a 12/13 year old... by the end of my showing, I stopped when I was 13 years old, we were being offered 50,000 to 55,000 for Chip it was always fun to basically get to tell them to go....well I'm sure you know how to finish that sentence...

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Thanks Sterling! :D

RavensGryf, my full initials are M.N.M.C., sometimes I type it out as MNM© for amusement!

Where most people have three initials, I have four. It is both my last initials, M.C., and one of my last names does start with Mc. (as I said previously... lol)

I grew up as Monica C as a child (shorter of my last two names - easier for me to write, easier to pronounce, plus it actually fit on those tests with x-amount of space to write your name!). As an adult, I go by Monica M (the longer last name), although I don't think it was by intention. It just sort of happened. I never liked using MM as my initials, nor using MMC, so it's just MC. (I did grow up using those initials, after all!) :) And I kind of like it anyway!

I do find it annoying though when something requires my full name (i.e. state, for say drivers license), and since their systems are only set up to handle one last name, they hyphenate my last name. I legally have two last names, and there is no hyphen anywhere in my name! :rolleyes:

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
Mine is self explanatory too. :D I've had two lory parrots - a Moluccan Red Lory for 4.5 years and the Chattering Lory I have now for the past 17 years. I love lorys! :p Here's a couple pics of Sweet Pea tossing her toys around.

lorylover-albums-pictures-picture12334-tossing-her-toys-around.jpg

lorylover-albums-pictures-picture12333-tossing-her-toys-around.jpg

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Victoria :11: the SIZE of that snake!!:eek: he could have eaten your cat as small appetizer!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Victoria :11: the SIZE of that snake!!:eek: he could have eaten your cat as small appetizer!

Cindy, your Chattering Lory is beautiful!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I always love your fun-time threads, Julie!

Anansi is the name of the trickster spider from Jamaican folklore. (Which, in turn, was taken from the trickster spider god of African folklore)

It is simply a nod to the country of my blood and heritage, if not birth. (I was the last of five children, the "oops" baby born way after everyone else and the only one not born and raised in JA.)

My mother actually found it rather odd that I picked Anansi as my username, however. At best, he was the quick-witted underdog who would often come out on top by outthinking his opponents. But he also often displayed a rather dark and wicked sense of humor in the tricks he would play.

But wickedness aside, he often entertained me as a child. And I've always been a fan of the thinking man's hero. Odysseus. Batman. Macguyver. Their brains were their superpower and greatest weapon, and I just loved it!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Such a cool thread, Julie! Such creative and unique names. Some I could guess, others I was way off. Stephen, I like the sound of Anansi but I like it even better now that I know the origin.

My username doesn't deserve an explanation. My name is Alicia, one of my nicknames is Lee, both very common and used often. Right before I resorted to my dad's nickname for me, Lee-Roy, I settled on Allee, yet another nickname and not in use.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I always love your fun-time threads, Julie!

Anansi is the name of the trickster spider from Jamaican folklore. (Which, in turn, was taken from the trickster spider god of African folklore)

It is simply a nod to the country of my blood and heritage, if not birth. (I was the last of five children, the "oops" baby born way after everyone else and the only one not born and raised in JA.)

My mother actually found it rather odd that I picked Anansi as my username, however. At best, he was the quick-witted underdog who would often come out on top by outthinking his opponents. But he also often displayed a rather dark and wicked sense of humor in the tricks he would play.

But wickedness aside, he often entertained me as a child. And I've always been a fan of the thinking man's hero. Odysseus. Batman. Macguyver. Their brains were their superpower and greatest weapon, and I just loved it!

Stephen, I'm glad you like the thread :D I'm finding it rather fun myself! I especially like 'Anansi' now that I know the story behind it! The "thinking man" but a trickster with the dark and wicked sense of humor?:16: haven't seen that side of you... Yet.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Haha! I loved all of these posts. And my goodness Victoria, what was the size of your Burmese before it passed? That thing looked huge! Our poor corn snakes are tiny little guys.

My name doesn't have any significance, just a silly name I use online. I alternate between Femfa (my shortened version of Femme Fatale), and Dinosrawr, because, you know.... dinosaurs go rawr. :eek:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Such a cool thread, Julie! Such creative and unique names. Some I could guess, others I was way off. Stephen, I like the sound of Anansi but I like it even better now that I know the origin.

My username doesn't deserve an explanation. My name is Alicia, one of my nicknames is Lee, both very common and used often. Right before I resorted to my dad's nickname for me, Lee-Roy, I settled on Allee, yet another nickname and not in use.

Thank you, Allee! And as for your nickname not being in use, I beg to differ! We all on this forum very affectionately know you as Allee, now!

Stephen, I'm glad you like the thread :D I'm finding it rather fun myself! I especially like 'Anansi' now that I know the story behind it! The "thinking man" but a trickster with the dark and wicked sense of humor?:16: haven't seen that side of you... Yet.

Why thank you, Julie! I quite enjoyed learning the origin of your username, as well! And when you say you haven't seen "that side" of me yet, I can't help but notice that you didn't distinguish between the trickster part AND the "thinking man" part! Ouch! Haha!

Now I need to come up with something really "thinky" to say! Hmmm.... Let me think.... uhmmmm.............................. uhhhhh............................................

Nope! I've got nothing! :p

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I can't help but notice that you didn't distinguish between the trickster part AND the "thinking man" part! Ouch! Haha!

Now I need to come up with something really "thinky" to say! Hmmm.... Let me think.... uhmmmm.............................. uhhhhh............................................

Nope! I've got nothing! :p

OMG Stephen! :D:D cracking me up here! Sorry I didn't MEAN for it to sound that way!! For the record... I HAVE read some pretty "thinky" paragraphs from you, so at least the 'thinking man' part is confirmed :smile049:

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Haha! I loved all of these posts. And my goodness Victoria, what was the size of your Burmese before it passed? That thing looked huge! Our poor corn snakes are tiny little guys.

:D Yeah he was a big boy when he passed away. That picture was about 3 years before he passed and he hadn't finished growing in that pic. He was about 14 or 15 feet when he passed away and very thick around. He was eating frozen baby pigs....so yeah he probably could have tried to eat Paige:eek: He never struck at the cats and only struck at me once when I wasn't being careful and it was closed mouthed. More of a would you stop doing that before I make you bleed kind of thing. I had been sitting on the floor and was absentmindedly dragging him back towards me multiple times so he couldn't get under the table and he turned around and struck slightly.

I actually remember falling asleep once on the couch with him wrapped around me.... and don't forget when he would get under the couch and I would have to politely ask the guests to get up for a second so I could lift the couch and drag his butt out...they had no idea he was there...imagine their surprise:p He also used to fall asleep curled up in front of the fire for the warmth... I stopped being so casual with him shortly after that pic with Paige. He was getting too big and extra precautions were needed with reaching sexual maturity:(

I had one cornsnake a long time ago now! She was a snow corn and my first snake. Very nice and I have been thinking about getting another corn since we are moving and putting together a nice display tank:) My two snakes right now are a ball python and red tailed boa... had them about 10 years now! I thought about display cages but they kind of stink so spare room it is for them;)

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
two snakes right now are a ball python and red tailed boa... had them about 10 years now!

I saw the most beautiful unusually marked Ball Python at the reptile store today. It was a female Piebald Ball Python. Had interesting white areas on it. Pied. It was really attractive and in hindsight I should have taken a picture. It was maybe half grown and going for $1,000!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
That is much cheaper then they were going when I first got into snakes! My girl is banded but shes not a piebald... piebald ball python used to be the snake I really wanted above all others:) I can no longer get anymore pythons or boas until my two die incase they are carriers of the disease that wiped all my other guys out. The colubrids like the corns are not supposed to be affected though so I can get those if I want:)

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I can no longer get anymore pythons or boas until my two die incase they are carriers of the disease that wiped all my other guys out. The colubrids like the corns are not supposed to be affected though so I can get those if I want:)

That must be the disease the guy at the reptile store was talking about? I asked if there are diseases you have to be careful about with reptiles (like in the bird community) He said not really except for mites, but there is a deadly bone disease that only pythons and boas can catch. I've never been a snake person. Just lizards and frogs. :)

Most Reactions