Origins of your USERNAMES....

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Yeah called IBD-Inclusion Body Disease like PBFD in the parrot world. Mites are one of the factors that are thought to transmit the disease between snakes. The two I have left aren't showing signs but that doesn't say much. It's thought that some can fight it off but then be carriers. Colubrids are thought to also be carriers but not be affected by the disease. No cure just like PBFD too.

cassiepengo

Nov 12, 2013
india
Parrots
my darling lovebird
You all are gonna have a HUGE laugh at this one-
My friends call me cassie, and cassiepengo came from this ancient account at clyb penguin( yeah, sure i know its embarassing) i dont know what possesed me to use that same stupid name, but im stuck with it for now:eek::eek: i think the award for a stupid name goes to me, then?

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I saw the most beautiful unusually marked Ball Python at the reptile store today. It was a female Piebald Ball Python. Had interesting white areas on it. Pied. It was really attractive and in hindsight I should have taken a picture. It was maybe half grown and going for $1,000!

Ah, you're speaking to my heart! Piebald ball pythons are a dream snake of mine, but are banned in my province. I love leucistic animals... always tickles my fancy. I have an obsession with white animals, actually. And my vehicle is white... and nicknamed Snow White.

... maybe I should've named myself Leucy. :rolleyes:

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Back in.. uh.. sixth grade (wow, that was a long time ago :p) my friends and I were obsessed with Final Fantasy 6 and all called each other by names from the game. I was Celes (they still actually call me "Cel" almost 20 years later).

We started playing Everquest and the name Celes was taken, so I tried variations on it and Selise was the closest I could get. Made a new character, needed a new name -- ended up with Selestine. And that's been my username for everything ever, since.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Ruffledfeathers is not "me" anywhere but here! My name everywhere else is "buddingtwigs" (facebook/instagram/email addresses, etc).

I thought ruffledfeathers sounded cute for one thing and since i joined right when my Georgie died suddenly and it totally ruffled my feathers, it was almost an expression of my state of mind at that moment.

Budding twigs is a quote from my life time favorite poem by my favorite poet, William Wordsworth: ("the budding twigs spread out their fan to catch the breezy air, and i must think, do all i can, that there was pleasure there.") I used to say he was like my personal prophet because he spoke to me with such meaning. It is from "Lines Written In Early Spring" and that poem, so simple, kind of expresses so much of what i feel most deeply. I have recited it so many times in my life, since i was just a kid in school.

I also was obsessed with trees in early childhood and i wanted to become a tree when i grew up (yeah, i was an odd, daydreamy kid....LOL)

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
Phlox is the name of my newest bird (and a plant and the doctor for Star Trek Enterprise). I have two online handles I use the rest of the time, but they link to my craziness and fan art and video game fan girling (yes, I'm a 39 year old gamer fan girl, whoops) and I didn't want to scare you all off right away!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I used to work with the biters... i.e. the "evil birds" down at the rescue.

For some reason they weren't evil to me.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Phlox is the name of my newest bird (and a plant and the doctor for Star Trek Enterprise). I have two online handles I use the rest of the time, but they link to my craziness and fan art and video game fan girling (yes, I'm a 39 year old gamer fan girl, whoops) and I didn't want to scare you all off right away!

I never got into the old Star Trek, but Voyager was my favorite!! My hubby is a gamer too (though not obsessed). We're in our 40's and believe me we're SO IMMATURE :11:LOL!! I think my excuse is because I've never had kids myself :)

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013

I'm a (very bad) 44 year old gamer. I don't play multiplayer because I am so bad, but I still enjoy it. RPGs are my favorite.

I'm a complete Star Wars and Star Trek nerd (no, you don't have to be one or the other.)

PS phlox is a very pretty plant. We have some in our yard.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I remember back in high school and college, female gamers were like unicorns, mermaids or the ever elusive yeti! There would be vague rumors, of course. And dubious sightings. But never anything solid. Ever sought after but never found, beings of pure fantasy.

Little did I know all I needed to do was join a parrot forum. :p

Now on to those mermaids...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I can't help but notice that you didn't distinguish between the trickster part AND the "thinking man" part! Ouch! Haha!

Well at least according to one or more former girlfriends, the terms "thinking" and "man" do not necessarily go together, unless you are referring to a particular portion of his anatomy that tends to over ride the more cognitive areas of the male human brain...

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I remember back in high school and college, female gamers were like unicorns, mermaids or the ever elusive yeti! There would be vague rumors, of course. And dubious sightings. But never anything solid.QUOTE]

LOLOL the ever elusive Yeti!:D

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Mine is completely boring - my name and my favourite number..lol. I wish I had as much imagination as the rest of you!

I've got to win the unimaginative username prize tho... Anyone need me to explain mine...? :rolleyes:

My username doesn't deserve an explanation

On most forums I really don't use my name, But here it is different, Parrot People are Special :)
So I like having a first name in your user name, After all it is YOUR name huh?

Cool names are special too, But here I always find myself (and others here) using the first name of the member anyway LOL

*HUGS*

Joe

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
On most forums I really don't use my name, But here it is different, Parrot People are Special :)
So I like having a first name in your user name, After all it is YOUR name huh?

Well... On another group I am just Julie T. How's that?! :52: Of course THIS forum is my "home" :)

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
Its been my username for YEARS.
When I was in high school I was fascinated with foreign languages.
Jugoya is a holiday in japan..
Its literal meaning is the 'celebration of the full moon'.

I found this interesting and just started using it.
I also had an obsession with legends like werewolves.

Hence I became jugoya.

My actual name is Maggie.

FuzzFuzz_PeteysMama

Jun 19, 2014
Parrots
2 Sun Conures
I kept it simple .... I have had parakeets and cockatiels in the past. I've always wanted a parrot.... I am a new mommy to 2 Sun Conures Fuzz Fuzz and Petey the Parrot. I am over the moon!!! 5 month old Fuzz Fuzz chose me and had me at "what?" Lol and I am currently hand feeding 6 week old Petey. I would love a AG some day... I chose to "start small" but they have stolen my heart!

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
I remember back in high school and college, female gamers were like unicorns, mermaids or the ever elusive yeti! There would be vague rumors, of course. And dubious sightings. But never anything solid. Ever sought after but never found, beings of pure fantasy.

Little did I know all I needed to do was join a parrot forum. :p

Now on to those mermaids...

Well my kid truly believes she's a mermaid...so you never know. :)

I play RPGs mostly. I feel like should start a thread. Anyone else going to play Dragon Age Inquisition? My birdy will get lots of snuggle time when it comes out because I took vacation to play it. She sleeps on my neck while I'm on the PC, so....

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Noblemacaw came from after I got my Noble macaw Mihijo back in 1995. I had joined my first bird form which consisted of people writing emails and getting each and every email and responding to the ones you wanted too. My oldest email address consists of noblemacaw.

Now that Mihijo has passed I have considered changing my user name here but I am not sure if you can do that. If I was to change it to something that has to do with Valentino. Maybe RFMlover or Cliffdweller or something like that.

Most Reactions

Latest posts