Painted Bunting in Brooklyn

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What a STUNNING bird he is!!! :eek: I've only ever seen one in person, and that's when we lived in Oklahoma and I had JUST started 'birding'. My jaw literally hit the floor when a male found his way to my feeder. Would love to see one (or more) again!! :D

Thank you for this AWESOME article, Christine!!! :) (And no, I won't take a trip into NY in hopes of catching a glimpse of that particular one, HAHAHAH)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Beautiful bird and great article! Thanks for sharing, Christine.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks for posting an excellent article! Stunning bird, no doubt the NYC press will give them great publicity!

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
My family and I have been so tempted to make the journey to Brooklyn to see him (we are avid birders).

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
What a gorgeous bird!!!!! How come we don't get them here I wonder, never seen them here in my life and I've been here in TN for many years.....My brother in law told me that he's seen more variety of birds in my back yard then his, they live out in the country side. We even have those mini bee hive in the ground within the garden, was told we have a great eco system we've built with all the planting and stuffs we've done.

Most Reactions

Latest posts