Parrots and Cleaning

tmyall0924

Feb 9, 2017
Modesto, CA
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo
Green Cheek Conure
Hi, my name is Tracy. I am very careful in using any chemicals around my birds. Does anyone have info on what they use to clean their ovens that will not harm the parrots??
Thank you! :33:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hi, my name is Tracy. I am very careful in using any chemicals around my birds. Does anyone have info on what they use to clean their ovens that will not harm the parrots??
Thank you! :33:

20 /20 Hindsight: Always use a drip sheet under whatever you have in the Oven.

As you have likely determined, what is available can /is highly toxic to Adults, Children and the full range of Pets. Serious concerns with Parrots.

Depending on the oven, many allow the removal of the grates and bottom pan, which can be soaked in hot water and Dawn. Use a scrub pad to work and remove the baked on food.

If you are renting and the oven was found this way when you moved in, have your Landlord have it professionally cleaned (See above, regarding removal of specific parts).

If you have some really bad, burnt on stuff, take it outside and use a heavy chemical oven cleaner to remove it, extensive rinsing prior to bring back into your home. Remember to wear protective gear covering eyes, nose and mouth, skin and certainly your hands.

OP
T

tmyall0924

Feb 9, 2017
Modesto, CA
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo
Green Cheek Conure
Thank you! Unfortunately the parts are not removable, but you gave me a great idea. If I use Dawn and scrub hard I should be able to get it off. After all that's what they use for ducks and birds after an oil spill, so it should be fine for the birds. I appreciate your help! :white1:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thank you! Unfortunately the parts are not removable, but you gave me a great idea. If I use Dawn and scrub hard I should be able to get it off. After all that's what they use for ducks and birds after an oil spill, so it should be fine for the birds. I appreciate your help! :white1:

In removing something that is burnt on, the first goal is to soften the 'stuff.' Whether it is toxic chemicals or Dawn cut with water, time is a factor. It takes time to soften the 'stuff,' especially with the weaker combination of water and Dawn. So allow it time to drawn in the effect of water and the cutting ability of Dawn.

Now, there are other products out there that makes 'water' wetter. So, I am hoping that others will bring their non-Toxic Tools to this Threat.

Most Reactions

Latest posts