Pecking Order?

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
I saw a cute little Hahns Macaw today at Bird Haven. I thought maybe I should get him as a companion for Hahnzel, but I noticed he had a disabled foot. I have no issue with it, but wondered if it might cause him to get picked on by my bird.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Can't speak about your bird, but I've had a nanday with a deformed wing and the other two nandays I had at the time never bothered her, all three were independents & not in any relationship.....

Will they let you adopt with an option to bring it back if yours takes umbrage with the new one.....

Good luck.....

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
My cherry headed conure that I had had multiple health/behavioral problems, but my first tiel, Casey, wouldn't stay away from Noel!

Had a female cockatiel that couldn't fly and other than having not the nicest mate, wasn't bothered by the others.

I can't see how the Hahns would be any different. I can't say if the two would get along, but if they don't it's doubtful it's because the other has a bad foot.

OP
goalerjones

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
i am going to repost this in the general questions forum unless I can have a moderator move it for me. I cannot find a list of mods though. Any suggestions?

Most Reactions

Latest posts