Pet parrots

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
I think I have asked this question on here before but not sure so I'll ask anyway. Sorry if I had. Anyway I really want a African grey but due to my work schedule I'm afraid it won't bond to me at all. I currently have a blue crown Conure and she has bonded to me well. I am at home for 2 days and gone for work for 36 hours then back home. My girlfriend lets my bird out and checks her water for me while I'm gone. She does well with my bird. Anyway I want to add another bird to my flock, something larger. What would be some options for a larger bird that isn't as likely to bond to a single person like a grey would

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Any bird can have he ability to be social and not bond to one person it is a matter of how you go about raising them. I'm not sure I understand your work schedule our gone 36 hours straight or just work a 36 hour week?

I believe you could probably get a grey as long as you would take he apprioate steps into socializing it.

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
36 hours straight, pretty much 12 hours on a train then 12 hours in a hotel and 12 hours back to home on a train, yeah it sucks lol my girlfriend does the basic care for my Conure while I'm gone and lets her out. She spends probably 8 hours a day out of her cage. I spoil her rotten lol

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
Edit: when I'm home she spends a couple more hours out than when its just my girlfriend lol more like 10 hours or whenever she is ready for sleep and goes back inside on her own.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Your situation is Alittle tough, but you can manage it I am sure it would just be a matter of some work to socialize the baby.

Most Reactions