Pics: Jamaican Amazon and yellow lored

He'll probably be there for a while unless he's a friendly guy. My Cuban I had was at the store for 2 years since she wasn't so hands on and friendly. I think that's more what people look for. Good personality over how unusual it is.

He'll probably be there for a while unless he's a friendly guy. My Cuban I had was at the store for 2 years since she wasn't so hands on and friendly. I think that's more what people look for. Good personality over how unusual it is.

He seems very interested in people, but the employees say he likes to chomp.

Oh you temptress!!!! He's so gorgeous! And it IS my birthday soon.......

Wow, what a stunning bird! I've never seen one before. The babies are adorable too.

I guess his rare species does not have a 'rare temperament' lol. This guy needs to go to a home that will truly appreciate him though. And more importantly, someone who is willing and has the patience to take on an older bird who probably hasn't been handled much in his life. If he was in a breeding program (regardless if he produced) he was never taught how to be a pet. Was there any indication of his age?

Oh you temptress!!!! He's so gorgeous! And it IS my birthday soon.......

:music: :music: "Happy (almost) birthday to you, theres a special someone who's head is all blue, he's primarily green with a little white and red too :music: :music: :D

Do they gift wrap travel cages? lol

I guess his rare species does not have a 'rare temperament' lol. This guy needs to go to a home that will truly appreciate him though. And more importantly, someone who is willing and has the patience to take on an older bird who probably hasn't been handled much in his life. If he was in a breeding program (regardless if he produced) he was never taught how to be a pet. Was there any indication of his age?

They said his approximate age is 30. He doesn't act aggressive when you come up to the cage and talk to him. I guess it's when you put your hand in there according to the employee.

Wow first time I've heard mention of yellow lord amazons..I have one that's a picture of her in my avatar...mines a female they aren't near as colorful

Oh geez I didn't realize he is an older guy too. I LOVE older birdies.

Have you ever had an amazon before? If not, perhaps it's time to add one to your flock:D They are wonderful birds you know (not that I'm biased at all). This handsome guy sounds like he needs a little TLC, but he's just too special to pass up:54: I seriously would consider this bird myself if I could have a second, but as renters, it's hard enough with one bird, we may wind up homeless if we had 2:09:

"Friendly bullying:)" aside though, I *really* hope a forum member gets this bird. He belongs in a good home, and we know if someone here got him, everyone would want to help make him a good companion out of him, plus we'd all get to see more photos of this stunner. Come on now, who wants a rare amazon, gotta be someone:D

Wow first time I've heard mention of yellow lord amazons..I have one that's a picture of her in my avatar...mines a female they aren't near as colorful

Do you have more pictures? You should share some sometime:) I'm also curious if the beaks on the 2 for sale are 'typical' of the species? They don't look like what you expect for an amazon beak, so is that a species specific thing or just these 2 birds?

Two species I will never have.... Cockatoo and Zon. I just don't have the temperament for them. Great birds, but not for me. I enjoy watching others with them though :)

The beaks on the yellow lored are normal. That's the way their beaks are supposed to look.

Well, I already asked hubby if we could do a road trip to Texas but I'm sure you can all imagine the crazy look I got LOL

Yep I have an Amazon, plus experience with rescue birdies and "challenging" personalities. I am seriously considering pursuing things and checking out if it's feasable to get him here. I'm in Maryland. I would need to see what is involved in the "rescue" aspect or if they really just have him up for sale to anyone.

Yep I have an Amazon, plus experience with rescue birdies and "challenging" personalities. I am seriously considering pursuing things and checking out if it's feasable to get him here. I'm in Maryland. I would need to see what is involved in the "rescue" aspect or if they really just have him up for sale to anyone.

Many places do ship birds nowadays. It may be worth it to contact the store and inquire more about him and if they can shop. Or (unsure if it would feasible for you) but another option may be to call, purchase or put a hold deposit him, then arrange a date to fly out to pick him up and bring him home with you. Just saying;)

Thanks, Guys. The rescue aspect seems to be solved! After this weekend, perhaps I'll contact them and see if they will ship. Oh boy, each step forward brings me closer to committing!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back