Pictures of my babies and a new toy!! :)

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
Female sun conure-Phoenix
I just bought this new play stand and Phoenix loves it!.. and so does my baby girl! lol it was soo cute how they were both playing with it! exploring it together like great pals! :09:

Attachments

• IMAG0523.jpg
    IMAG0523.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0525.jpg
    IMAG0525.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0555.jpg
    IMAG0555.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMAG0526.jpg
    IMAG0526.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 258

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
Love it :) all kids should grow up around animals!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Aw they are both so cute! And where did you buy that stand, it looks great.

OP
AVM

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
I totally agree with you! :)

OP
AVM

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
Aw they are both so cute! And where did you buy that stand, it looks great.

Thank you!! I bought it at a local pet shop called Our Feathered Friends.

BBdolly

Apr 25, 2012
Those are some cute pictures!!!! love them!!
By the way how did you get your sun conure to be so calm around your baby? my sun conure dolly tolerates my kids but not enough to play along side them!

OP
AVM

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
Those are some cute pictures!!!! love them!!
By the way how did you get your sun conure to be so calm around your baby? my sun conure dolly tolerates my kids but not enough to play along side them!

well we just spent a lot of time together the 3 of us. I got my sun conure,Phoenix, when my baby girl, Cassy, was 5 months old and since then they have gotten used to each other. Whenever I was feeding baby food to Cassy I'd have Phoenix right next to her feeding him some too! lol
I think Phoenix got used to her movements and is not scared of her (which is kinda scary to me lol) But I always keep a close eye whenever phoenix isn't in the cage. Feeding them together and always being together worked for my bird and baby, but all birds are different and I don't have much experience with them... Maybe another more experienced bird owner in this forum can give you better advice..

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
so cute! It's hard to tell who is having more fun,lol.

our sun conure plays ok with our kids. She walks around on the floor and gets right in and plays legos with them. A constant phrase heard around our house is "NO JJ I NEED THAT LEGO GIVE IT BACK!" I think whatever approach you took worked for you and your bird in regards to being around your daughter. What works for one bird may not work for another though.

OP
AVM

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
so cute! It's hard to tell who is having more fun,lol.

our sun conure plays ok with our kids. She walks around on the floor and gets right in and plays legos with them. A constant phrase heard around our house is "NO JJ I NEED THAT LEGO GIVE IT BACK!" I think whatever approach you took worked for you and your bird in regards to being around your daughter. What works for one bird may not work for another though.

Thank you! you are absolutely right about that each bird is different.. My daughter is 13 months old and although she is really young she is fascinated by phoenix and loves to play with and be right next to phoenix. Even when phoenix is inside the cage she goes and plays right next to it and phoenix goes to the bottom of the cage and meets her half way. I am so glad they get along, I just hope that it doesn't change once she's a little older..

Most Reactions