Please help me out!

OP
Kitty

Kitty

Apr 10, 2012
Birmingham. UK
Lol! Aww, she sounds so sweet!!!

I do prefer the looks of conures to the eclectus. They're just really cute aren't they? I think it's something about their eyes that I like...Some Eclectus have quite small beady eyes but conures have big expressive eyes with white rings around them!!

: )

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
Amazons and Electuses.... Well from personal experience I can second (or third) what every one says. They are very intelligent birds, but they can have their mood swings. It's worth it, but you might want to work up to one. I've helped my Mommom raise 3 of them and Susie Q attacks if you touch Benny. And Gomez doesn't want to be held ever. Then Benny has a weird quirk where he will step up only on your left hand and if you offer the right he takes a good nip. Other than that they are great birds in all ways!

Electuses are a bit different. Either the female or male I have been told to be more aggressive. However, I have handled two males with completely different personalities. One was a consignment bird at Bird Paradise and he was great to get out of the cage and pet and then out of no where he'd attack (and not stop :( ), but then go back to being wanted to be pet within 2 minutes. Quite odd. Then another was taken to me for a nail grooming and was the gentlest bird and handled it well. If it werent for him walking I could've groomed him standing up!

OP
Kitty

Kitty

Apr 10, 2012
Birmingham. UK
Thanks marawentz.

It seems like what ever bird I suggest, amazon...electus...conure... Everyone has a different story to tell. Some say they're lovely and some say they bite and are a terrible hassle. I guess every bird is completely different so you have to becareful which one you choose.. It could be nice or it could be a nipper! : (

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
You're best bet is to get a baby and raise it right or you can get an older bird and meet with it to get to know if it has a personality good for you. Training is key.

OP
Kitty

Kitty

Apr 10, 2012
Birmingham. UK
: O ...Are you joking? That's just too funny! Ha Ha Ha! I feel sorry for you!

You think males can be more hormonal in most species? I'm guessing that doesn't include eclectus??

Most Reactions