Possibly getting a Patagonian Conure

OP
Staysee

Staysee

Sep 13, 2017
UK
Parrots
Patagonian Conure
What's the minimum size cage for a Patagonian? We wanna get the biggest we can anyway but with sizes varying from different designs, wanna be sure that just cos it's look good that it's also good size wise

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Parrots get loud at dfferent times of the day. SOme are the traditional morning ( sunrise ) and evening babblers. Salty's is when my wife starts to prep dinner, and he will scream a bit, but is easily redirected to singing his favorite songs and sayings. Each parrot is different, and some loudness and calls can be redirected. But they are never silent pets like fish. Good luck in your search. Cages - Salty is a 282 gram amazon, a small one, and his cage is big enough to a full size yellow nape, Just watch the bar spacing - bigger cages tent to have wider spacing, you do not want one where your birds head will fit thru the bars, at any angle.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
The Rb is in a Lani Kai Lodge Playtop (Mr. Sailboat recommended it) and it's a great cage!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Gail, with respect, the OP is in the UK and therefore not all options are available here without a lot of extra cost. Sometimes they are available but just like to confuse everyone by renaming them :confused:

Your cage for the RB is practically identical to the Cambridge in the links I provided. In fact there is some extra height I think. That being said it is my preference and looks a nice cage but it depends on how much room the OP is able to give. :)

Last edited:
OP
Staysee

Staysee

Sep 13, 2017
UK
Parrots
Patagonian Conure
Thanks for everything so far, times going so slow, I want my feathered baby with me already hahaa

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Use your free time productively and read as much as possible the more you do so now the more prepared you will be when he arrives.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Bumping this thread in case you might check in on it...

Any news?

Any names yet for the Rickeybird's little cousin?
Rickeybirdola? Rickeybirderama? Rickeybirdiolio? Rickeybirdapalooza?

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Hey, Staysee... just checking in.
I think your adoption day was to be somewhere around October23.
Getting close...!!!!!!????!!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts