Proper perch, toy placement? Advice?

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
So I bought some new perches, toys, food dishes etc, yesterday. so I need to rearrange to fit the new perches since he only had 3 before. I need some good clear advice. I've searched google to no avail. Which is the best way to set up the inside of a cage for a bird? Gcc in particular.

Heights of perches.
Direction of perches.
Placement of happy huts.
Placement of toys.
The food dishes can only go in the food doors.

But is there a good way to set it up that makes them really happy and comfortable?

Or is it just creativity on my part??

Right now the IRN and GCC are housed together and rather happy about it, so I got enough stuff for the both of them. I just want them to have space and be comfy with the setup. Here's a pic of the cage now.

2012-08-23112716.jpg

:green::yellow2:

DerSchniffles

Jun 17, 2012
Bellingham, Wa
Parrots
Female SI Eclectus 'Scarlet'
I would say whatever's clever tbh. Just watch where they like to go/be and what toys they play with. Scarlet loves her circle O' stuff right after she has a bath and she climbs like crazy so I put it in a spot that she can get to it from multiple angles so she gets the excercise. She loves to climb so I make sure I have toys and perches at all angles. The toys she dosent play with as much I put at the bottom so when she does get bored, she has to go down to get to them ;).

My main goal is to put them so they wont get pooped on haha. Hate cleaning poop off perches. Especially the textured perches.

Here is hers-
imag0261xf.jpg

Nothing fancy or over the top but hopefully enough to keep her busy when she wants to play.

Most Reactions