Real life ghost stories...

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Thanks : ) I enjoyed being able to share it. I've related it briefly once or twice, but always in an abbreviated summary, and glossing over the details I never really sat down to really recall properly or think over. It was nice to have reason to transport myself to my childhood like that again.:)

Surfincr

Nov 13, 2013
CT
Parrots
Ziggy (African Grey) and Elvis B&G
what the heck i'll throw my stories in, i'm probably going to sound like a hippy or weirdo but i assure you i am far from both, ok i may be a bit weird at times but isnt everyone a little weird?

so back in 2009 i bought my current house as a foreclosure. the house like most foreclosures, was a mess. Every room in the house needed work. its a decent sized house that was built for entertaining and even had an in ground pool. long story short the 3rd family that owned it let the place fall apart the husband worked his job and that was it, the wife was expected to do all of the work to maintain the property which is not easy for one person to do. From what i am told they never talked to any of the neighbors and kept to themselves. To give you an idea of the way the family was i found the childs report card filled with almost all A's , B's and one C, on it the child had written a long note profusely apologizing for his "horrible" grades and how he will make sure it will not happen again. The background seems unrelated since to my knowledge no one has passed away in the house but it gives you an idea of the energy of the house.

i wasnt able to move in right away since it did need work and i didnt want to breathe in all the dust and such from the re-model. When working in the kitchen or dining room both my mother and i both felt like we were being watched by a woman. Nothing was ever said or seen but for some reason it just felt like an old woman. Mind you my mother and i never discussed it there or at the time it wasnt until a few weeks later.

A few weeks after closing i started staying the night here and there on an air mattress since it was easy to move to different rooms when needed. For the first part I would always stay there with the girl I was dating at the time since we both report seeing a dark figure staring at us from the top of the stairs of the second floor. The freakiest time came one day when I had the air mattress in the living room, my ex was in bed and I needed something from the hallway closet which is on the other side of the house. While I was standing looking in the closet I felt someone walk behind me (you know the feeling when you “feel” someone behind you) I could even feel the floorboards sink under my feet from someone’s weight. The person was going from the stairway landing, which ends in front of the living room and was walking into the kitchen which goes by where I was. Thinking it was my ex I yelled out “hey did you just go to the kitchen?” to which I heard from the living room “No, why?” I high tailed it back to the living room with my story.
Some weeks later I had to go on a business trip for the week, I was staying at the house but still on an air mattress at this point since I didn’t want my furniture in the way while painting. I did have my bureau which was in one of the small bedrooms I had finished upstairs. Since the house is horribly insulated I closed all the doors up stairs before I left since I didn’t want to heat more than I had to. I had my parents check in on the house while I was gone and they reported everything was fine. When I came home I found the upstairs bathroom door open as well as the small bedroom door open, the medicine cabinet in the bathroom was open and the top drawer of my bureau was pulled open but nothing was missing or even moved.
I called my parents to ask if any of the doors had been open when they stopped by, they reported that none of them where. In fact my dad had gone up to look for where the sound of running water came from (the downstairs toilet turned out to have broken when I was gone so it was good they stopped to check) the day before I came home and all of the doors had been shut.

I’m still in the house years later and nothing else has happened, other than things going missing but then showing up in the spot you checked the week prior, and my new born son (now 6 months) staring and smiling/laughing or crying at random parts in the house.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks for the story Chris, I hope you don't have any more blatant happenings in your home from here on :).

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My Ghost Story

I don’t like re-living this because I don’t like tempting fate (or whatever) and possibly bringing this thing back. Going to try to make this as short as I can but still keep it complete.

My family (wife, son, and myself) live in a house that was newly built, we are the first and only people to live in it. Never used a Ouija board or anything like that.

First thing that happened was a sound. Was at my computer minding my own business and I heard the sound of someone um passing gas. As I recall my son was about 2 years old and doing this was something he would have found funny. He was way off in his bedroom at the time and I was completely alone when this happened.

Second thing that happened was of a similar nature but worse. Again I was at my computer and using an instant messenger program to chat with an old high school buddy. Very suddenly I started smelling fecal matter really strong. It was soooo strong it was as if someone was waving a piece of fecal matter right under my nose. This was so disturbing that I cut my conversation short and went and took a shower thinking it must be me. I told my wife about this and she sat at the computer and 10 minutes later she had to get up due to the same reason.

Third thing.
At random times in the early morning our night stand lights would turn on waking us up from a sound sleep. This happened a bunch of times to the point we unscrewed the light bulb 180 deg. And used this method to control the lighting in the bedroom.

The last thing that happened, the thing that caused me to “take action” happened to my wife.
She was “occupied” in the bathroom with the door closed and locked. She told me it sounded like someone hit the bathroom door with the flat of their hand very hard.

After that the “short version” is that I told it to “go away” as politely as I could. So far it has never been back.

Most Reactions