Regurgitated a huge amount

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
I've posted about his regurgitation here before. He seems to regurgitate quite a lot. But I assumed that because the vet didn't find anything wrong with him, and because he's been doing it for over a year without it getting worse that he was okay. But I still don't think the amount he regurgitates is ok.
His toys are usually sticky with regurgitation, and today I found the biggest amount of regurgitation I've ever seen at one time, either because it really was a lot more, or because he didn't eat it back up like he usually does. In his favorite toy is a huge puddle of mush. I can't seem to figure out how to upload the picture from my iPad (I'll try to get it uploaded after I post this) but it's about the size of the top three fingers of a hand put together. He never does a lot at once so he's probably been 'working on it' all day.

Seems like it's time for another vet visit, tomorrow at the latest.
Im not expecting anything other than "take him to the vet asap" since obviously you can't tell me what's going on with him, but I was wondering if any of you have ever had similar experiences?

Last edited:

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Best of luck and I hope he's okay! Keep us updated! My little sun conure regurgitates the most in the way of quantity but he's never had that much. He used to leave his happy hut a yucky mess and got so possessive of it that I removed it from his cage.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I hope Kirby is ok! If he's been tested for diseases and health issues, then perhaps it's just a "species" thing??? Kakarikis aren't very common (on here at least). Perhaps regurgitating a lot is kind of one of those "things" they do?

Most Reactions