Rescued Eclectus Parrot (female)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Since we are deep in Winter (Norther Hemisphere) and Winter will be ending soon. With limited funds, I would recommend shifting this purchase to Fall of 2021.

The combination of electrical wires (Parrot's like to chew) and thermostat (common failure point), IMHO, places this product in the questionable zone.

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Hi Stacey, I'm going to talk about perches back in your 'Eclectus' section thread. I think Eclectus perch discussion is important and wouldn't want this info lost in 'new member' thread. You ok with that?

OP
Speachy1985

Speachy1985

Jan 11, 2021
U.K.
Parrots
Dolly the Eclectus
Thank you all so much for the advice! I know I keep asking questions- but I’m so new at this I am literally just googling everything and reading up as much as possible! Going to order those perches now and hopefully they’ll be here in a day or two! I will get rid of the dowel perch as soon as they come! Thanks again x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hi Stacey, I'm going to talk about perches back in your 'Eclectus' section thread. I think Eclectus perch discussion is important and wouldn't want this info lost in 'new member' thread. You ok with that?

Take a look in the Amazon Sub-forum, in the Sticky "I Love Amazons --," within that huge Thread is a segment that is tilted something like; getting to the food of the problem. Within and as part of a couple of Posts after it are great photos that clearly show what the pads of the foot should look like. If any of that Thread, Segment(s) and/or Posts are helpful, please use them. Simply reference the Thread.

OP
Speachy1985

Speachy1985

Jan 11, 2021
U.K.
Parrots
Dolly the Eclectus
ea5737b1c3e42c0c5a58d67c5051f963.jpg

0d8960867a8edaf79801941588029466.jpg

843ec462e715f61c1c1ef71cc1d476d2.jpg

Hi all - so as you can see I’ve replaced the dowel (although not removed completely, it’s just near the bottom) with natural wood perches of different shapes and sizes- I’ve placed them at different levels but still pretty central. The pictures don’t do it justice really but she has plenty of room to move around still and lots of options of width, texture and height. I kinda went overboard and got more perches than I needed so I have other options if you think this isn’t good. Your feedback would be fantastic- thank you [emoji4]

OP
Speachy1985

Speachy1985

Jan 11, 2021
U.K.
Parrots
Dolly the Eclectus
Looks great to me, plenty of variety with shapes and staggered placement.

Yey!!! Thank you [emoji4] glad I finally have the best kind of set up for her! [emoji3590]

Most Reactions