Rest in peace, Hugo

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
This made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences. Hugo will be in my heart, that's for sure, even though I never knew who he was.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his wings carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

-Unknown Author

Always remember Hugo will be in your heart and when your time comes, you two will be reunited once again. Just remember he's in God's hands for now. A better place. Good luck with whatever life brings you.

OP
Ecclipse

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hi Apatrimo, thank you so much for your kind words. I wil be back one day and have no doubt that you will be here. :) Hugo was very special, as are all our feathered friends. I miss him very much...everyday. God bless with your flock and tortie...this forum is the place to be!

Most Reactions