Running into things

angel2k6

Jan 16, 2012
Tennesse
Parrots
2 Gray Ringneck Parrots
Ok so my female ringneck for some reason when she flys she flys into things like the walls the cabinets and even the tv she doesnt even try to deture herself from doing it. When we got her we were told her wings were clipped but shes flying pretty good and pretty high for a bird that has had its wings clipped we got them just about a week ago when the male flys he doesnt fly into things as often as she does is this because her wings were clipped?

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Are her wings fully grown out. If she has had her wings clipped maybe she hasn't built up enough strength & muscle yet.

Can you post a pic of your pair. Thanks.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Many birds fly into things. Veterinarian friends have told me that usually they will not get hurt. Their anatomy is designed to take the force of landing in trees, and on things that are not as safe as our homes, or their cages. Of course, some birds do get hurt. Even kiffed. But, the majority of times, they'll be okay. Just try to minimize the dangers. Cover windows, mirrors, etc. Keep ceiling fans off when birds are flying free. Common sense things like that. Like children, you cannot protect them from everything.

OP
angel2k6

angel2k6

Jan 16, 2012
Tennesse
Parrots
2 Gray Ringneck Parrots
Thank you I called the local vet and found out what to do about her wings and they told me to bring them both in to have their wings trimmed along with their nails and beaks. I have posted a pic as my profile pic

Most Reactions

Latest posts