Safe way to get a bird's footprint?

ct92404

Oct 14, 2012
California
Parrots
My first bird was a parakeet named Buddy (passed away November 8, 2012). My newest friend is a parakeet named Chipper.
I know this is an unusual question, but I thought it might be cool to get my parakeet Chipper's footprint. :D I already have a journal for him, where I write about how he's doing and progress I made with him in taming and training. When he started molting, I saved his old feathers and I taped a few of them on the pages in his journal. Kind of like a scrapbook, I guess.

So I wanted to get his footprints, and I'm just wondering what do you think would be the safest thing to use? (Assuming he'll let me do it!) Something that is completely safe in case he licks his feet and would be easy to clean off him. But I also want something that would show up well enough on paper. I was thinking of maybe tomato juice?

I know, it's a weird question...but come on, I know someone here has gotten their bird's footprint or at least thought about it! :)

I'm just wondering if Chipper will let me do it. It's going to be fun...dipping his feet in something and getting him to sit still so I can make a print on paper... :rolleyes:

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Agree with yasmine, try sugar free pomegrantite juice wand gently dip his little foot in there. Be careful , pomegrantite stains ! I think it's a great idea about scrap booking chipper, in fact I might want to borrow that idea !

Most Reactions