Santa made me do it...

MosaicMadness

Nov 20, 2015
Media
Virginia
Parrots
Jenks-RFM 13 yrs, Mox-BTM 9 mos, Widget-RB2 11mos, Artie-WCpi 17 years, Khalessi-BWpi 4 yrs, Winslow-Meyers 6 yrs
Ok, may be not LOL. I went and picked up the Blue Headed Pi I'd visited the other day and we are now a 3-Pi family.

I was told he whistles the theme to Indiana Jones... so his/her name is now "Indy".

Merry Christmas everyone (yeah, and I haven't mentioned it to my hubby yet and he hasn't realized there is an extra bird here yet... maybe I can say Santa brought him if I can make it until morning?!) hohoho

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Congratulations! I'm glad you got Indy :). I mean, Santa dropped off Indy... Is this the same bird who took right to you when you met? You only have a few more to make the whole set! LOL

OP
M

MosaicMadness

Nov 20, 2015
Media
Virginia
Parrots
Jenks-RFM 13 yrs, Mox-BTM 9 mos, Widget-RB2 11mos, Artie-WCpi 17 years, Khalessi-BWpi 4 yrs, Winslow-Meyers 6 yrs
YES, it's the same one :) Do you think my hubby would go for that? "I'm trying for the complete set..." LOL Merry Christmas

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Maybe he wont notice :)

OP
M

MosaicMadness

Nov 20, 2015
Media
Virginia
Parrots
I actually managed to make it to Christmas morning before bringing my hubby in on the "surprise". He has to walk through the sunroom to get to our bedroom, but because we had a new bird, his brain didn't pick up on the fact that there was one cage in the family room and 2 cages in the sun room now... which actually adds up to 3. He seems ok. (or atleast in front of the kids ;)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations, what a nice surprise from Santa! Welcome, Indy!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Ok, may be not LOL. I went and picked up the Blue Headed Pi I'd visited the other day and we are now a 3-Pi family.

Congratulations and thanks to Santa! Thus far I have not been owned by a Pi, but the 3 frequent pie visits to my kitchen are in the form of apple, pumpkin, and pecan! :)

If you have any second thoughts about the name "Indy", perhaps a name commemorating your favorite pie may be in order?? :D

Last edited:

Most Reactions