Scared Birds

Tally

Sep 14, 2015
Last night after everyone was asleep, my two birds started yelling and flying around in their cage. I ran in the room and my little girl was on the floor of the cage (where she never goes) and my boy was fluttering and flying around. They were very upset. I can't imagine what started it. The dogs were with me and there's no one else in the house. Any idea what could have caused it? Poor babies were very upset.:blue1::blue2:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Wow, scary! Glad they're okay.

It could have been a number of things... one bird slipped or flapped and scared the other and then they both lost it. Or it could have been a bug. Or a noise. Do they have a night-light? I use one. Also... did you move any of the perches or make any other change they might not have been totally used to? If it's too dark to see, that could be a problem.

I bet others will have more advice.

Good luck!

OP
T

Tally

Sep 14, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I always use a night light for them. Could have been a bug??? I never thought about one slipping off the perch. They are so cute when it's time to go to bed they each have their own perch and they go right to it when I close the blinds and tell them it's night, night time. I love these guys a lot and they went through so much before I rescued them. I want them to have the perfect budgie life. Thanks again for your thoughts.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
My pleasure!

I forgot to ask... do you cover them? Some people really recommend that as an anti-flap device. Flap... that's what I call it when a bird gets upset during the night and flaps and jumps and stuff. I use a partial cover.... a big sheet to drape over all but one edge that faces the night-light.

OP
T

Tally

Sep 14, 2015
I don't cover them because the cage is fairly large. I will do that from now on. Makes sense. Thanks.

Most Reactions

Latest posts