Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Nope, apparently not:( Thank goodness Reg was out there and was bale to get the hose on it, it had already started the fence smoldering:(

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Good grief! Any kind of fire is scary but when you have birds it's even more terrifying. I hope the authorities are taking this seriously!!! This needs to be stopped, yesterday!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
What the heck?! Who in the world would start garbage fires?! I hope they figure out who's doing it!! [emoji33]

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am praying they catch them, I am afraid to leave the house now. Reg and I had a nice afternoon planned, going shopping, etc, and now I am scared to leave the animals home alone. Reg just left by himself.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I would be staying home too!!!! That's so scary!! You guys don't have anything laying around outside that would tempt this arsonist?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Nope, no recycling, no garbage, and Reg just took the cardboard he had in his truck to get rid of it. We have lawn furniture, but so far the fires are not really in anyone's yard, just their driveways, basically. Reg left the hose out, and I want to keep it that way.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Good idea! Get rid of anything that would tempting- hopefully you won't have to use the hose! [emoji51] don't you guys have security cameras?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
We only hooked up one in the front...we are going to definitely pick up one for the back now as well, soon as we have the funds.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Oh, Terry! This is insane! I can understand your worry, especially after the second fire!

God-willing they'll catch the person(s) responsible. And yes, getting another camera for the back sounds like a very good idea.

Be careful, Terr.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
OMG Terry! I'm so sorry! That is so crazy. I hope whoever is responsible is caught asap! I wonder if it truly was arson, or if coincidently it started in another way? Could that be possible?
I know how you feel. I'm on constant alert since we moved here, about stove, the bird eating dog, etc. but if I heard of something happening outdoors beyond my control I'd be really terrified too. The additional camera outside is a good idea as well as easy access to garden hoses. Hang in there Terry :(

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thank you Stephen, we are keeping an eagle eye on the alley now for sure.

Julie, we hoped that the first fire was some kind of accident, but now with 2 set within 15 feet of each other at 2 different houses, unfortunately I think that is too big a coincidence.

I just hope that they are able to find out who is doing it before real damage is done.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
We have one of those on our garage, Joe, and one by the back door and front door:(
Luckily our neighbour is installing 2 cameras on his garage tonight (it was his garbage on fire).

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Fire number 3 last night:(
It was the garbage cans at the same neighbour's house as the last fire, but this time 2 of them. Thankfully the neighbour on the other side got this one out before it spread. They had bought the cameras and he was trying to get them up yesterday, but had some issues so it wasn't working yet. He has one of the security companies coming today to set up surveillance cameras, etc.
The firemen asked us all to move our cans into our garages for the time being. He did say they have some promising leads so fingers crossed that this person is caught soon before something horrible happens.

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Fire number 3 last night:(
It was the garbage cans at the same neighbour's house as the last fire, but this time 2 of them. Thankfully the neighbour on the other side got this one out before it spread. They had bought the cameras and he was trying to get them up yesterday, but had some issues so it wasn't working yet. He has one of the security companies coming today to set up surveillance cameras, etc.
The firemen asked us all to move our cans into our garages for the time being. He did say they have some promising leads so fingers crossed that this person is caught soon before something horrible happens.

I'm completely blown away by this news, Sounds like someone is mad at your neighbor !!

I guess the police have asked him who is out to get him and why?

PLEASE keep us updated

*HUGS*

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
At this point, it sounds like they think it is just a more secluded part of the alley since it has been 2 different houses. It is impossible to see the spot where this keeps happening from any of hour houses because of all the trees, garages, privacy fences. It may turn out to be a vendetta but I think they are keeping all options open at this point. I just want it to stop:(

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I'm so sorry. Fire is too scary and not something to be taken lightly. I feel bad for you, but also for your poor neighbors!! Crazy.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Holy cow!!! Another fire?! Sheesh!!! I'd be too paranoid to sleep- sounds like a stakeout is in order to catch this jerk! I'll bring my camera and shotgun and we'll have a sleepover, mmm k?? [emoji6]

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh Terry!!! That is crazy!! I'm so glad to hear that they have some promising leads, and sounds like police are right on top of it not taking it lightly thank goodness.
I'm also glad all the neighbors are keeping on alert!! That really helps. I'm so sorry this is happening.

Most Reactions

Latest posts