SEXIST QUESTION only men can reply (not that I can stop the ladies) Is your bird your bro and is it F or M (srsly girls can reply ok)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
So your shoulder bird, is it M or F and who is the most "bro" ..."bro" bird you have or have had. My femails were bros.....The males also, but not as much, curious on your take.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
All my birds are very gender-neutral, none are really masculine or feminine. I call my boy (Stormy) "buddy" a lot, but that is very different from "bro" in my opinion.

Edit: I am a boy.

Last edited:

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Phoenix (DNA tested male) was always my shoulder investigator. He had to see everything I was doing first hand. He was never girly, beside his naps he took in my shirts, hoodies etc of course I had to be wearing them at the time....
20220718_082228.jpg
20220329_164913.jpg
20211225_094401.jpg
20190819_165544.jpg
20220507_183515.jpg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
I don’t understand the question. I mean, there’s a β€œgirl” version, too. Soooo… I just don’t understand. I’m a girl lol

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
I don’t understand the question. I mean, there’s a β€œgirl” version, too. Soooo… I just don’t understand. I’m a girl
Basically the OP is asking if we bird keepers birds act as the sex they are born, or if by how we interact with them influences how they act.
For instance if you act real "girly" to a male bird does it act girly? Or vise versa.
That my take of it anyways, I could be wrong.

I don't think I treated Phoenix any special gender specific way, more so neutral for fear of creating a hormonal bird.
Like I said tho he was out all day everyday. As soon as I woke I opened his door and he would be waiting on the door for me to open it. He would ride the door as I opened it. Once all the way open he would climb up to the top, stretch out his wings then fly over to me. His curiosity was off the charts, had to investigate everything...
20220528_100527.jpg

I couldn't even make the morning coffee without a full on microscopic investigation....

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
Basically the OP is asking if we bird keepers birds act as the sex they are born, or if by how we interact with them influences how they act.
For instance if you act real "girly" to a male bird does it act girly? Or vise versa.
That my take of it anyways, I could be wrong.

I don't think I treated Phoenix any special gender specific way, more so neutral for fear of creating a hormonal bird.
Like I said tho he was out all day everyday. As soon as I woke I opened his door and he would be waiting on the door for me to open it. He would ride the door as I opened it. Once all the way open he would climb up to the top, stretch out his wings then fly over to me. His curiosity was off the charts, had to investigate everything...
View attachment 55194
I couldn't even make the morning coffee without a full on microscopic investigation....
Ok. Not disagreeing with you, but what does β€œonly men reply” mean then?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Bingo my YNA is definitely my Bro bird.
Now that I understand the question.
He use to be a shoulder bird but he’s given me too many nasty bites so I rarely let him do that.
But he is the only bird I can roughhouse with.
I can role him onto his back a tickle his tummy and beak wrestle with him..
I know he doesn’t see me as his Bro.
He sees me as his mate so that makes me his … well I can’t think of a polite way to say the word I WANT to use his woman (to put it politely).

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
*audible sigh*

Yes I wanted to see the difference in the "owners take"

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
A long time member enjoy over 2.5 decades of loving his sweet Amazon, Amy. At that point, he elected to have Amy's sex checked. Amy became a guy over night!!

The Parrots do not see us as either male or female, they see us as either the one they love or not!!
Couldn't have said it better.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
*audible sigh*

Yes I wanted to see the difference in the "owners take"
My female budgie Rocky is definitely not "sugar and spice and everything nice". She's one tough budgie. Very smart, very friendly, but very bossy and wants everything her way. Does this mean she's not "feminine"? I think she's just a normal female budgie. I do refer to her as "she", "her", Rocky, and BabyBird. She'll always be my baby!

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Please try, as I would love to see your supporting comments as to the why.
What do you mean?

Edit: I don't understand what you mean because of how it's worded, if you could explain that would be great.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
My female budgie Rocky is definitely not "sugar and spice and everything nice". She's one tough budgie. Very smart, very friendly, but very bossy and wants everything her way. Does this mean she's not "feminine"? I think she's just a normal female budgie. I do refer to her as "she", "her", Rocky, and BabyBird. She'll always be my baby!
Female birds are usually the opposite of what us humans consider β€œfeminine”

Most Reactions

Latest posts