Sexist question only women can reply (not that I can stop the guys) Is your bird your girl and is it F or M (srsly guys can reply ok)

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
What is it that only clark_conure seems to understand? Some weird gender response study that has something to do with our birds? Please be more clear- us chicks just don't get it!
We need answers, girliepop! Perhaps a picture of Cricket could win you over?

IMG_6567.jpeg

Plz elaborate. Danke!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I looked at the guy thread, and I think I understand.

Rico does behave mostly like a male, as far as Iā€™m concernedā€¦ although he is nestier than a budgie hen in spring.

I donā€™t know enough about hens to say if cricket behaves like a hen or not, but sheā€™s very vocal but a sassy little nugget.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
OK allow me to Restate it. As a female.....is your female bird or your male bird...More into you and sweet (never bite)... Your best friend....and is inseprable.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
My girl budgies behave as girl budgies, my boys as boys. None are "into me", I prefer it that way and wouldn't encourage them otherwise. Two of the girls are curious about me, one does not like any physical contact with me. The boys each have their own level of trust with me.
Quarter is a good friend, maybe a little obsessive sometimes but I am also the only human he trust and interacts with. He's not DNA'd though so I can't even say whether he is truly a boy or not.

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Denim cobalt linnie (neelu)
My husband and I, We call our two birds ā€œTHA GURLZā€, girl-girls, sweet girls, our little daughtersā€¦ even our friends ask ā€œhow are the girls, how are the sweet girls?ā€
one is a dna female and the other is ā€¦ we were told by the vet she was a female baby, but now that sheā€™s older I think She MIGHT be male biologically. Since we always used female pronouns and she talks about herself all the time, we just say her preferred pronouns are she/her šŸ˜… (and her sex is unknown)

The dna girl is my shoulder bird, for sure. Mamas girl.
I also call her lil mama, mami, my hen.
and the other girl is my soulmate, but also she is Daddyā€™s little princess and they are obsessed with each other. I have to scold him and say ā€œgive your other daughter a kiss, too! ā€œ because he only has eyes for her, and the other one will watch him lavish affection and think that heā€™s going to come kiss her too šŸ˜­

So Iā€™m a girls girl all the way!
Iā€™m not against having a male bird at all but I would have to say I would probably miss being able to say ā€œCOME ON, girrls!ā€
The one that talks loves to say ā€œyouā€™re such a good good good good good good girl!ā€ ā€œHi sweet girlsā€

Thanks for the cute thread :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
OK allow me to Restate it. As a female.....is your female bird or your male bird...More into you and sweet (never bite)... Your best friend....and is inseprable.
Definitely Lilla (female). But my two other girliebirds are the complete oppsite of sweet and best-friend-like, and my males are very clingy and gentle. Usually, female birds aren't soft or feminine like we often consider female humans to be.

Source: am female and own parrots.

Last edited:

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Definitely Lilla (female). But my two other girliebirds are the complete oppsite of sweet and best-friend-like, and my males are very clingy and gentle. Usually, female birds aren't soft or feminine like we often consider female humans to be.

Source: am female and own parrots.
Thatā€™s fascinating!
Lilla is such a sweet nameā€¦

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Bella is definitely a girl bird (she laid an egg) and is very nesty, always looking for places to make a nest.
She is most definitely bonded to my wife and us male featherless people only suitable as servants.

Bingo DNAā€™ed male YNA is bonded to me (male) and no one else can be tolerated male or female.

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Hee hee, bellaā€¦ šŸ˜‚this post made me giggle, that is so funny about the featherless servants!
Hope she stays nice and healthy !
Thatā€™s so interesting that the male prefers you too, bingo and Bella sound like fascinating (feathery) people

Most Reactions

Latest posts