Should I get these two birds?

RayPember

Dec 27, 2011
Parrots
Sun Conure(Pyro)
I saw an add for a non-proven pair of conures in need of a new home. I already have a 1yr old conure who I'm still trying to bond with. H still bites and nips, and these two are pretty cage aggressive. Might they influence him? Thats what I'm worried about. He's really great and everyone loves him, I dont want to rescue two birds and have that thwart his great personality :(:orange:

paperdoll0809

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Parrots
Sun Conure - DOH Dec 2011 (?)
Is the year old conure your first bird? I JUST got my sun conure 2 days ago and it is my first bird and I'm still bonding with it. Its not a period I would really suggest getting more birds. It takes a lot of work to bond with one new one.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
IF you have a lot of time on your hands, it can be done, but if you don't. I wouldn't suggest it. Best to keep them apart in separate rooms to begin with so you can observe any sickness with the new birds. Other birds WILL react to aggression behavior! When one freaks out, the others follow! So training needs to be done in separate rooms. Be sure to sanitize your hands every time you handle a different bird. It does take a lot of time to bond with the new bird/birds. When I bring in a new one, that is the one I spend the most time with. It is important to bond with the new bird as quickly as possible while the bird is still new, not saying you would be like bread and butter, but at least your able to hold and such cause that takes time. Not everyone feels the same way, but that's always been the way I have done.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I would also forego another bird while you are still bonding with the first one. Some birds bond very quickly and some take time, maybe a lot of time.

Most Reactions