Should I get this rescue/rehome Senegal?

NiR

Jul 30, 2012
I found the perfect rescue/rehome bird for me but the problem is that he is used to flying a lot all over the house of the rescue and my apt is not that big and most of the time he would be in my room. .I do plan to put perches everywhere in my room along with play tree and other things to do but I am still worried as is the rescue. *I am worried that if he doesn't get the same amount of place to fly and play around then he can get frustrated which would change his lovely behavior into a nasty one. But damn he was the perfect bird in terms of everything else. He is flighted and I plan on keeping him that way.

He is the very playful type of bird who likes playing with whatever he sees. So I plan to have a lot of toys. He is also super social to the extreme where anyone can flip him and he will lay on anyone's hands. And he is very cuddly and independent as well. He is not loud at all. He is 7 years old btw

So guys what should I do? I told the lady who is very trustworthy and has her own non profit rescue that I am interested and she is right now taking time thinking about it but what do you guys think? I think I can make it work. Eventually after teaching him to recall and wear harness, I can take him out.

Eloy

Sep 4, 2012
I don't think the amount would be a problem, as long as he have the same free flying time.
Do not take it for granted that he will be silent just because hes not loud at the moment. They can change when they move.
Have you visit the bird, or just getting information by phone?

OP
N

NiR

Jul 30, 2012
I am getting info from phone but a good friend of mine who I trust have met her and the bird in question and only had good things to say about her and her birds. So she is trustworthy.

Most Reactions