Simple hanging toy with natural wood

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Thought I'd show you all this new toy I just finished for Eddie. I still have a lot of Eucalyptus wood lying around from the playstands I made for my fids, so I put some of it to use. I simply cut up random lenghts and shapes from the branches and drilled holes in them. I also had some old pieces of acrylic from an old toy that fell apart, so I chucked them in too ( I always keep those acrylic pieces from bought toys, they last a long time ;)). The whole thing only took around 2 hours to make (including sorting through old sticks to find good wood). Sure, the process moves a bit faster when you have some power tools at hand, but a determined person could easily create this stuff with a drill and a saw :). The whole thing is strung together with sisal rope. I just put the wood into a bleach bath, so it will be a day or two before I can give it to Eddie.

Toy1.jpg

You can see that I made some holes in the large pieces. This is somewhere that I can hide treats for foraging. I also drilled some other holes so I can slot fresh gum leaves in.... mmmmmmmmmm :)

toy2.jpg

Last edited:

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
Well done Ben I like your style
simple , practical and cheap