Sleep length changing

Lumi

Dec 21, 2022
Parrots
Her name is: Lumi
Species: Quaker Parrot
Type: Opaline green with yellow front and golden flecks
Born: August 2022
Lumi, a quaker parrot, was asking to got o her sleep cage at 6 pm November (when got her) through January. The last week she has been asking to go to bed earlier and now she is consistently in bed at 5pm. I am still waking her up between 6:45 and 7:15 am. Why would she change her sleeping habits? I was believing 12 hours is more natural for a quaker not 13/14 hours.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Watch when the Sunrise and Sunset occur in your area and use that as your guide.
It is not unusual that on cloudy days the sleep cycle is longer and on Bright Sunny days, the sleep cycle is shorter.

Also, it is possible that your Parrot is not getting a full nights sleep for any number of reasons!

OP
L

Lumi

Dec 21, 2022
Parrots
Watch when the Sunrise and Sunset occur in your area and use that as your guide.
It is not unusual that on cloudy days the sleep cycle is longer and on Bright Sunny days, the sleep cycle is shorter.

Also, it is possible that your Parrot is not getting a full nights sleep for any number of reasons!
She is having her first molt right now is only thing I can think of.

OP
L

Lumi

Dec 21, 2022
Parrots

Sunset says 5:13pm and sunrise says 6:58 currently

Most Reactions

Latest posts