Smart bird

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
As afternoon turned into evening here, Skippah started doing her usual grating calll to me. Debbie was already peeved after working all day ,then sitting with me in Hospital (visit only), swore under her breath. I decided to take a slower, more measured reponce.
I went out side to her outside perch is. I had this conversation with Skippah.
Me: what do you want bird?
Skippah: Rawwwwk (Irritating scream)
Me:You got food, so its not that. YOu have clean untainted water, so its not that. Your cage is open, and your on your high outside perch where you slept everyday for the last 8 months. What could it be? I know, did you wanna pat?
Skippah: Rawwwwwwk (irritating scream and step back out of reach).
Me: what? you dont even wanna pat?
Skippah: loud irritating scream
Me What could it be then?
I peered into the darkness. It was a cold mirable night, Dark clouds looming, wind howling, and the last of sun visible?
Me: Skippah, did you wanna come inside? For the first time in 8 Months? Do you wanna come in and sleep on you cosy, empty inside perch, next to the TV, Where its warm?
Skippah: Rawwwk, rawwwwwk,2 irritating sqarks.
I offer her my arm, and she leaps down from her god like, all seeing Queens perch. She runs straight up my arm.
I come inside with her and as i get about 1.5 metres from her perch, She leaps onto her perch.
10 minutes of telling myself Im a bird whipserer, The heavens opened up with lightnig and thunder and heavy heavy rain.
That was 5 hours ago. Its still nearly as bad.
Wheres Skippah now?.........10.30 at night?.......
Skippahinside002.jpg

Dirfting off to sleep, Inside, for the first time in over 8 months, Listing to the storm raging outside.

(I had 3 Endone? Is that too many)?
I had to ask myself, Who the smart one in this story?

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Aww, poor baby. She sure was afraid of the storm, she kept squawking just to get your attention!

Is the storm finally calming down over there yet?

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Aww, poor baby. She sure was afraid of the storm, she kept squawking just to get your attention!

Is the storm finally calming down over there yet?
6am and its still raining, but its less windy.
Skippah willl wanna stay inside till the sun comes up.

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Skippah spent another inside last night. SHe demanded entry as the sun went down and slept inside all night.
I was up before the sun came up an gave her morning loving till the 1st light of day showed up, then she pulled away from my hand and started pacing up and down at the back door.
I opened it and put her on her queens perch, where she watched the sun rise and held court over all us minions. She is outthere now demanding fresh food for breakfast.
I am very pleased.

Most Reactions

Latest posts