snow photos for getwozzy

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
thought to share some photos from some of the recent storms.

okay first, look at these two first photos.

i'm up to my HIPS in a snow drift (i got stuck walking! i tried to walk out of it but i have short legs so when i tried i really had to lift my leg, but then it fell back in the snow and i had to repeat the process all over again)

pay close attention to where my jacket ends, for reference!

then when i got out, i was covered in snow lol again, remember the reference

then the rest of the photos, some of the snow drifts are very pretty, it's like a sea of snow, i'll post them in the second post, since there's too many to fit in one post.

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
oh, and today, a rather horribly blurry (took photo with my 3DS) photo of my husband playing on a snow hill. we get a snowstorm almost twice a week right now and im sooooo sick of the snow. i have not seen grass in months, so little of it that i have become a grass atheist!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
The snow looks beautiful OMG
I do not know how you manage, going to work, school etc

If we had snow like that I would hibernate till winter is over

Thanks for sharing

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
WOW, neat pictures. Thank you for posting them. It's a pleasure to see the snow especially to someone in central Florida where it usually doesn't snow.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ohmygoodness that's wayyyyyy more snow than ours!!!! Haha

I loved the pics -especially the snow-scape ones...makes it look like the frozen tundra or something ;)

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
antoinette, i want to hibernate as well! i normally like the snow and the cold, but this winter we got way more than usual. it hardly stops snowing.

take a look, this happened from that very same snowfall, out in the county, 45 minutes away from where i live.

Leamington OPP find missing man in truck buried in snow | Windsor Star

as for coping, i walk to work, as we do not drive. if sidewalks are shoveled, then the biggest worry is making sure there's no ice under your feet. most people salt the sidewalks, but you get some who dont.

if no one shovels it, then you have two options: walk on the road if traffic allows, or walk through it. ive been late for work a few times because of the snow travel.

before that storm, when i was walking to work through that open field, the wind was blowing and it DID look like the arctic lol snow dust was everywhere lol

but ive had enough snow all winter for the next 6 years ;) now my worry is when spring comes and all of this snow melts!!! its gonna flood! the great lakes region has been hammered with snowstorm after snowstorm this winter, almost 2 a week (ironically saturdays and wednesdays being the most commonly hit days lol) often dumping 6-12 inches each time. after each storm it gets bitter cold. then warms up a bit, melts some a bit, then snows again. been the cycle here and its bumming me out. my joints hurt enough walking through it lol

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Dally is right, it's been brutal here this winter, thank goodness for snow blowers.

my husband was away on business a few days ago, when we got another 7 inches of snow......
my son Tyler, went out to shovel,(we don't allow him to use the snow blower due to his autism).... and it took him 2 hours to do the driveway.
the plow came along later and added another two feet at the end of the driveway.....so we ended up driving thru it anyways ;)

I'm getting tired of the snow as well, but I try and look at it from another point of view....our water table is low by mid summer, everything is affected by how much the great lakes water table has.
at least in the spring time our water table will be high, and sustain us thru till mid summer.
our average temp here in Ontario in the summer is around 80-90 degrees....on the hotter days, it reaches in the hundreds, with the humidex around 110.
by August our water tables are extremely low again and we have to ration water every other day...
August is one of the hottest months here. on those days were either in the pool or at the beach......I much prefer grass, but I am glad to see all this snow....it usually means a great summer, and very green. :)

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
here's hoping you are right! i can use a nice summer after all of this snow! it's been too much for me lol

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Wow thaaattts a lot of snow! We over here got like 2-4 inches of snow and we are a like ah snow storm!! So I don't know how we would do if the snow was that deep here!

Beautiful pictures! Btw

Most Reactions