Mar 28, 2012
California
Parrots
Our Rescues:

Beako - age 22- Yellow Crowned Amazon

Kiwi - age 9 - Yellow Naped Amazon

Paco - age 28 - Yellow Naped/Yellow Crowned
Male Eclectus Very Loving Talkative

Someone please save Peppers the eclectus. Long beach, CA. I cannot believe the condition he is in... To think this woman has other cages in her house, I see them all lined up... I sent her a nasty text. Someone please please save him!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I wish I could but I don't have that kind of money at the moment. And I cant afford the diet, I wish I could because I really want an ekkie, I hope someone saves him.

OP
B

Beako_N_Kiwi

Mar 28, 2012
California
Parrots
Our Rescues:

That's what I text her, but she told me to keep my f#%$& opinions to myself.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
First off, why does this bird need to be SAVED? There could be numerous reasons why the bird is plucking and once they start it's just about impossible to get them to stop. I know from experience with Mac.

Secondly, do you have other pictures than the one shown on your link? You can't tell what size that cage is compared to the bird from that picture. Also, I can't really tell if there are other cages there and what size they are. My point is, just because a bird shows signs of disstress doesn't mean they need saving.

And yes, that is a rediculous amount for a plucked bird, but you know what, someone will feel sorry and pay the fee. So Chi-ching let that cash register ring.

If you feel that there is mistreatment going on, CALL THE AUTHORITIES IN THAT AREA ans see if they would check it out. That is the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Opinion: Why do we keep on posting threads about sad birds? We are not Craigs list. Yes it is wonderful to rescue a needy bird but to see these unfortunate birds every day on our forum is not what we were created for. We have had some wonderful outcomes from putting the info. here but not on a continued basis please. OK so I am finished my rant.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Opinion: Why do we keep on posting threads about sad birds? We are not Craigs list. Yes it is wonderful to rescue a needy bird but to see these unfortunate birds every day on our form is not what we were created for. We have had some wonderful outcomes from putting the info. here but not on a continued basis please. OK so I am finished my rant.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Spiritbird, it does get very monotonous. Craiglist is there for a reason........

Ps Love your signature pic..... OMG that one is tops !!!!!

:grey:

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Opinion: Why do we keep on posting threads about sad birds? We are not Craigs list. Yes it is wonderful to rescue a needy bird but to see these unfortunate birds every day on our form is not what we were created for. We have had some wonderful outcomes from putting the info. here but not on a continued basis please. OK so I am finished my rant.

I agree 100%. I don't think the main focus of this forum was to find homes for wayward birds, birds that no one wanted, rescued birds, breeder birds that can no longer produce and so on. There is a wealth of information here about birds in general. Yes, it's sad to see birds or animals in general that are in need of GOOD homes. I know some folks definition of a GOOD home may differ from mine. I feel that as long as there is no abuse going on and the bird or animal has regular feedings and water changed periodically then that is a GOOD home.

Yes, it would be fantastic for every bird to find the kind of home that most of our birds have, like homes with a lot of love showered on them, money spent on nice occassional treats, toys and allowed out of their cages most of the time. Plus getting all kinds off affection and human interaction. But lets face the facts, not all animal owners feel the same way or have the same definition of a GOOD home.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots

I agree with you wholeheartedly Spiritbird, it does get very monotonous. Craiglist is there for a reason........

Ps Love your signature pic..... OMG that one is tops !!!!!

:grey:

Yes, and Craigslist is a great place for those folks who need to find their beloved family members a new home when there is a life change that comes up and circumstances warrant it.

I think Craigslist is a wonderful addition and opportunity that most wouldn't have to find their pets a new home.

OP
B

Beako_N_Kiwi

Mar 28, 2012
California
Parrots
Our Rescues:

There has been mention of a few people looking to buy a new bird... Was just trying to help... I won't post these ads anymore.

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
Isn't there a section for wanted or selling birds or somethin here?? its basically what you posted i would actually rather people post these i wouldn't know of half of these im looking for a new bird and i would like to adopt. craigslist doesn't have anything where i live. i understand what you guys are saying but people are just trying to help...

aeriejones

Aug 1, 2012
I BOUGHT HIM!!!
at the end of April I took him home for $500!
She does have the cages lined up in the kitchen and it's dark and cleaned once a week.
As for peppers... he is now GOGO! He is a crazy guy. Screams I want out if I leave him for a second. Says What when he cant hear us clearly.

Poor Nutrition. No Sun. Bacterial Skin Infection. $1500 Vet Bills. But it's all worth it when he says 'Love you' or starts laughing when we do.

Thank you for caring for him even before I knew who he was. Thank you so much.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Thank you for taking him in. That is a lucky bird and saved by this forum. That is such wonderful news. You are a great person for doing that and hope he gets healthy soon.

BarkleyLoves

Jul 23, 2012
TX
Parrots
Barkley (4yo Eclectus)----
Pepper (7yo White-Capped Pionus)
I'm so glad to hear that little baby has a new, wonderful home now. :)

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
I BOUGHT HIM!!!
at the end of April I took him home for $500!
She does have the cages lined up in the kitchen and it's dark and cleaned once a week.
As for peppers... he is now GOGO! He is a crazy guy. Screams I want out if I leave him for a second. Says What when he cant hear us clearly.

Poor Nutrition. No Sun. Bacterial Skin Infection. $1500 Vet Bills. But it's all worth it when he says 'Love you' or starts laughing when we do.

Thank you for caring for him even before I knew who he was. Thank you so much.

Would love to see pics.

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
wow, awesome!!! how exciting!!!

aeriejones

Aug 1, 2012
CSC_1140.jpg

gogo.jpg

CSC_1014.jpg

He likes to eat my dinner.

I'm a tad worried about him though, the bacteria on his skin won't die. Even with giving him baytril shots at home.
I'm now fearing Beak and Feather disease, especially since he's been around all my other guys. His appointment yet again is tomorrow morning. I really really hope it's not a disease other than plucking and stubborn bacteria.
This will be like his 4th blood test. So now I have to clean his cage and move it to a different room.

Most Reactions