so proud of my babies!

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Binky my 11 month old quaker,brought him home July 11,2014. Olly my o.w.a is 8 years old.brought him home,sept.3rd. :-)
Olly made himself vocal this morning so I would uncover his cage..:) then he got on top,I went outside,when I came back in he was doing a little pacing back and forth making grunts,so I said u want mama to get u off the cage don't ya,so he walked toward me,I got the stick and he stepped straight up! In other words HE wanted mama :) And Binky is getting better and better at copying me...I am one proud parront! ...oh yea I also did a different approach and somewhat got Olly more acquainted with water,I got in the tub,put him a thing of water on the side of tub,kept splashing myself,then he allowed me to sprinkle him with his water! Improvement!:orange::green2:

OP
M

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Binky my 11 month old quaker,brought him home July 11,2014. Olly my o.w.a is 8 years old.brought him home,sept.3rd. :-)
Ughhhh,that's what I get for bragging! Little brat just bit the "bad word" out of me! Lol...drew blood! Just like my children,brag on em and they will show you! :-( hurt finger,but hurt feelings :-(

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Ughhhh,that's what I get for bragging! Little brat just bit the "bad word" out of me! Lol...drew blood! Just like my children,brag on em and they will show you! :-( hurt finger,but hurt feelings :-(

Sounds like something an amazon would do:D But at least your making progress with him. Even once he becomes closely bonded, an occasional chomp to remind you who's the big bad bird will happen;)

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Lol...yes just like children:22:

I spray Sassy and Cisco with a mister. Cisco I can put in the sink with running water too but Sassy...NO WAY:eek: Sassy will hide behind a toy when I spray her...so cute. But hey, if she needs a bath she needs a bath..lol. Peanut will be a trick though, as I know her previous owner would spray her with water as a punishment, so she will take lots of patience and time before I manage a bath with her.

Sounds like you are making great strides with Olly. Keep it up. There will be days when you seem to be backsliding but not to worry, that's just how it is:p

Most Reactions

Latest posts