Parrots
Green Cheek Conures - Mika, Sam
Pearly Conure - Luna
Yellow Sided Green Cheek - Indy
Blue crown conure - Scooby
Love birds - Teeka, Kiwi and Mango
Sun Conure - Dolly
Quaker - Shakey
I'll keep this as short and coherent as possible (I've started a new diet from my doctor for my health, its liquids only and it's left me a little out of it so if this is jumbled I apologize).

I came home from work today and took Mika outside in her cage. It's big enough for her to have lots of room but small enough to carry around so once a day we take her out for fresh air. Well while out there a close friend of the family, who I call my brother, came over with his wife. Well he's where I got Mika.

Mika's brother Sam, for some reason turned aggressive when I tool Mika home, they had shared a cage and we're not exactly sure why it happened, but anyway, he had gone to his new home earlier this week. Well while we all sat in the back yard, my brother informed us that Sam was being returned to them. Apparently he dived bombed the new owners when they let him out. They decided that he'd be too much work and my brother was willing to take him back no questions asked. Below is Mika and her new cage...she looks so tiny!
13718026_1166720550047597_1106713578_o.jpg 13692332_1166720553380930_2098345983_o.jpg

So he and my dad went to get him. When they got there, Sam was locked in the bathroom and had no water all day...The guy gave them the cage he got for Sam, but since they still had cages at home, my brother decided to give me this cage, it was bigger and he thought Mika and I would like it.

So they brought Sam to our house since they were going to switch him to Mika's old cage to take him home.

He and my mom took Sam downstairs to where my grandmother lives. She loves animals, has had several birds, from budgies to cockatiels, her last cockatiel died a few years ago. Well, my brother jokingly asked if she wanted a bird...and that's how we ended up with two green cheeks in a span of almost two weeks.

Sam is going to need a LOT of work. He's very skittish right now and wont go near anyone, but I think with a little time and effort we'll work it out.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Using positive reinforcement training approaches with new birds can go a long way in gaining their trust! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts