Some Dallas photos

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I believe that's Tsukasa and that's a Pearl female, not a pied. :)

Beautiful picture!!! ;)

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
she is Dallas or "Dally" as we call her and yes, she is a pearl cockatiel and she is our snuggly fluffy butt who is currently molting up a storm!! i cant wait for her to finish this molt, she looks so ragged compared to her normally sleek plumage lol

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Dallas is gorgeous! :D I'm still jealous of your camera! ;)

Which reminds me... tried taking some photos of my Casey this morning and due to bad lighting my phone didn't want to focus... so I finally turn on the flash... finally is able to focus some but then the images look worse! And then after so many times of using flash, my phone just up and died on me.... it had at least half battery life, so it came back on just fine... use the flash again? It died... It's a new, used phone... wouldn't be surprised if previous owner(s) messed it up!

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
i use a Canon Rebel T3 EOS and i LOOOOOVE it. my husband bought it for my 21st birthday. even if i dont do photography professionally, it gets its use nearly all the time lol it was worth it.

it seems a lot of the new phones have pretty good cameras. i wouldnt know, i havent used a cell phone in YEARS lol i cant stand them... i have a strong aversion to phones, no idea why lol. but i see some of the photo quality on some and its pretty astounding how far they've come.

does the phone have a focus feature?

i think copperarabian would be the go-to person for that, she takes some pretty awesome photos, and i think she does some on her phone too.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
I'm jealous of her camera, too! LOL I'd love a DSLR camera but I'm afraid I wouldn't use it enough to justify the price of buying one. Plus, they are also bulky. I like slim and easy to fit in a pocket!

I have a Canon Powershot SD1400. It's a pretty nice little camera for most things but I often don't have it on me when I want to use it! Sometimes I plan ahead and I'll make sure I have it, other times I don't. The phone is an HTC Sense, about 2 years old but I've been using it for less than a week. Yes, it does have an auto-focus feature, but it doesn't work that great in low lighting conditions and close-ups!

This image without flash. Edited to be smaller, improved lighting and contrast a little.

IMAG0140_zps61956d26.jpg

This image with flash. Edited to be smaller, did sharpen a little.

IMAG0156_zps53225ee5.jpg

Photos were taken around 8am this morning! (using my phone) lol I just need to make it a habit to have my camera on me more often (and actually use it!), that's all! :) (ps, I'd love to be able to live without a phone! just people like keeping in touch with me for some odd reason.... >_> lol)

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
that's better quality than my 3DS (my other option for photo taking lol)

this was taken with my 3DS. we have a very large livingroom window, it lets in a LOT of light. otherwise, my 3DS is poor at picking up light lol it doesnt do well in dimly lit areas or in shade, or with movement. nor does it have a focus feature or flash

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Gorgeous!!! :d

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Dally...oops....lol..... at least I got Pearl part correct...lol

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
I'm going with a long day! LOL

I'm surprised the 3DS still takes good photos!!! :D I don't have one so I don't know what it's like.

Most Reactions