STRIKE haha

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
So I haven't been able to do a training session for over 2 weeks now cause cant put pressure on my knees, and then it was too much effort bending down to do floor tricks! :p

But finally did a little session tonight, got my little bowling ball kit out that i have had for MONTHS haha

I just got him to fetch the bowling ball, and then put my hand at the slide, after 2 times i didnt need to put my hand there anymore, and just pointed...

and then i just had to say- bowling! And he would fetch the ball and put it down the slide into the pins :D Which is actually an upgraded version to the bowling trick that does the- 20 tricks in 2 minutes.. cause she only hits her nose so the ball goes down the slide, but fargo actually fetches it first ;) hahaha

Might enter him in some bowling tournaments now :09:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZELmVdubj9E&feature=youtu.be"]fargo the blue and gold macaw bowling trick - YouTube[/ame]

Then just fetching
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6yzRpo3HpA&feature=youtu.be"]fargo the blue and gold macaw fetching trick - YouTube[/ame]

And i do have a video of him collecting, which he is learning, just putting 3 beads in a bucket, he does do it, just not super quickly.. But will upload the video soon, it will just take forever!

and just some cute photos

This is Fargos happy face :09:

and just playing
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0aPh6XM3eU&feature=youtu.be"]Fargo the blue and gold macaw playing upside down - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahaha :D I am very proud, he is such a brilliant boy!

It always amazes me how he learns different signals and voice commands, like how he knows that 'bowling' means to put the ball down the slide, and 'fetch' means to bring it to my hand!

So clever

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Good for Fargo
He is the next bowling champion !!!

Loved the vid's BUT love the pic of Fargo being happy

Thanks for sharing

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
That is just AWESOME, Tab!! He bowls MUCH better than I do. ;) Perhaps he could teach me. OR perhaps I'd bowl better if someone gave me treats?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I had a jenday conure that once bowled a perfect game!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahaha thank you all!

I did have the full set of pins, but of course Fargo got a hold of them and tossed them everywhere, so i think a few got sucked up the vacuum cleaner, so will just have to make do with the 5 we have ;)

HAHA 'Good girl Wendy!!! Whos a good girl!! ' :D hahahaa

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahahha well it looks like Fargo is better than most people on the forum! :09:

Have to teach him to throw it instead of using the little help slide ;)

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Sounds like you had a fall? The knees and bending down comment. Did you crash on your horse?

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Sounds like you had a fall? The knees and bending down comment. Did you crash on your horse?

Not my horse!!!! :D My horse is amazing, he couldn't put a hoof wrong hehe ;) but my horse is broken and can never be ridden ;)

Looking to buy another horse, and i went to try this 'incredible eventer'... and the horse was insane... Was in pretty bad condition, but hopped on anyway, bolted, bucked, then slammed on its breaks and ripped its head down..

I havent fallen off a horse for about 10 years.. :eek: Luckily it wasn't a very tall horse, but landed on my knees, and tore ligaments and nerves and such, all the swelling pushed my knee cap out of place :rolleyes:

I can bend now, just still cant put pressure, so we just stick to floor training now hahaha

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Sorry to read about your fall Tab. Hope your knee heals real soon.

On the positive side, this will give more time to teach new tricks to Fargo and take more videos & photos. ;)

Most Reactions