Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
[ame=http://youtu.be/iCCRwewLrfM]Morning gone to the birds - YouTube[/ame]

Willc

May 14, 2013
That is just to awesome! I am going to be moving soon and will have a place set up behind my house to bring all of my friends out for some fresh air and sun. As it is now, I have to move the cages by the window and open up the window for some fresh sunlight.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Nikka is looking great, so are the budgies. That sunshine is all kinds of awesome for them!

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Sunshine and fresh air are so important. Just be careful of too much sun, or heat. Good job with Nikka. Regrowing a plucker is an achievement indeed. Sunshine & showers work wonders for them.

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Thanx @ everyone! Yup I try to give them dappled us shine every-day, especially for Nika, because being out there makes her bathe repeatedly. Just bought a new large bath bowl that hangs inside' and an AWESOME new toy, after all, she's a motor city bird. (But we're in the burbs). It's a macaw toy, but she loves big bold toys! (See attached)

Last edited:

Willc

May 14, 2013
Kalidasa,

That toy looks like tons of fun! I have always enjoyed going to pet stores and scoping out toys for all animals, especially birds. I have even done this at times that I couldn't have pets at all! I sometimes think that I enjoy the toys more then the birds do.

I had a small in cage bath for my budgies, but I had to take it out. They enjoyed it just a little to much, spreading water all over the inside. I live in North Carolina and with spring here, the temps are fairly high. Bacteria does not take long at all to grow and I was just to worried about the toys and other small spots in the cage growing bacteria.

What I use for my budgies now is a bird bath that I attach to the gate of the cage. They take a bath every day in it, and I just dry the areas that get wet afterwards. The main issue before was that they were bath four and five times a day so some areas just were not staying dry! I do clean the cage every morning, wiping down toys, perches, sides, and changing the bedding. I might be a bit to paranoid, but I don't think you can be to safe.

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
@willc...I wish they had those snap-in baths for parrots and their cages. My budgies won't go near those, but I know my conure would.....gonna have to check online....
I have no idea why there are 2 posts of this vid on the same page, I only posted it once!

Last edited:

Most Reactions