Sunshine fun

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Well we finally got some beautiful weather this last weekend and our birdies got out on the deck to enjoy it, they loved being showered with the garden hose.
Bosley loved it so much that he got excited the second day as I was taking his food/toys and paper out of his cage because he knew what was going to happen .

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTIFUL pictures, Sandy!!!

It's amazing what a little sunshine can do to our fids, isn't it?:D Add some water, and they're as happy as can be!

OP
SandyBee

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
Just like little kids
Bosley was so funny he was doing his excitement pacing on his cage bars as he realized what was happening, he sang and cooed outside and we all had dinner on the deck LOL

We have black capped chickadees outside and they were coming down to find out what these strange birds were LOL

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
And Bosely was unphased by the Black Capped Chickadees??? :eek: That is AWESOME! I have a pair of those nesting in one of my bird boxes, less than 10 feet from our back door. Ripley screams bloody murder each time he sees them. :52:

OP
SandyBee

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
Both Bosley and August couldn't care less about them or the finches or the stellar jays.
August can squack like a raven though and they always watch very carefully when he comes round.
We have large flocks of the black capped chickadees.
We have lots of tree cover on our property which I am thankful for because we have Hawks and bald eagles here, OH and lots of squirrels.
They seem to like the songs that the robins make, and they listen very quietly

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
That sounds like paradise, where you live, Sandy. :D

I cracked up laughing when you said that August can squawk like a raven.

My guys are the funniest with hummingbirds, NO kidding! The hummers are so curious and buzz around their heads, while my guys, and gal, duck and make funny faces.

OP
SandyBee

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
I miss hummingbirds!
We have tons in the area but they won't come in past the tree line.

August is funny, she loves to mimick other birds, the microwave, the phone and the fire alarm.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I can see Bosley smiling :)

Cheeky409

Apr 5, 2013
Melbourne FL
Parrots
Jenday Conure
BEAUTIFUL pictures, Sandy!!!

It's amazing what a little sunshine can do to our fids, isn't it?:D Add some water, and they're as happy as can be!

I think all parrot parents should takes their birds on vacation to SUNNY Florida! Birdies need vacations too:)
You all took your human kids, why not the fids? You spend many more years raising the fids afterall!

OP
SandyBee

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
Oh how I wish I could, from what I understand though the border is a nightmare to get parrots across.

cdnbirdlover

Aug 24, 2012
Canada
Parrots
Peach faced lovebird Basil
It has finally warmed up here too. I hauled Basil (in his great big cage) out onto our sunny deck yesterday. He was peeping at the finches and yelling at the big scary grackles. We have a lot of birdie activity in our backyard. I keep telling him to learn the robin song. It was VERY exciting and he slept for a long time after coming back in.

OP
SandyBee

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
Our sweeties were so tired after they went out as well, such a good feeling!!

Cheeky409

Apr 5, 2013
Melbourne FL
Parrots
Jenday Conure
Oh how I wish I could, from what I understand though the border is a nightmare to get parrots across.

Probably easier to get a rabid dog through customs:rolleyes:

Part of the reason is that so many people are incredibly ignorant and uneducated in terms of parrots. I MY OWN SELF was one of these people a few years ago. Why is it that all non-bird people assume that your parrots have this overwhelming desire to go Madagascar on you (ie back to the WILD)!
How many of you have parrots who want to go back to the wild?
Mine are both sitting here looking at me and thinking....

PeeWee the Sennie "Mommy. I'll be scared, who will hold me and scratch my neck? Who will make sure the bath water is the right temp. Where will I find a faucet to drink out of? Do Gummy bears grow on trees? Can Daisy (the dog) come with us?" Where will will live. Where will you hang Cheeky's cozy hut? You know the loops are rusted shut, you can't move it...holy **** the sky is falling!!!!!

Cheeky the Conure "Don't even THINK about it Mom!!!!! Now go get me some dried papaya treats...and NOT the cheap unsweetened kind from the health food store...I WANT the GOOD stuff! And dip each piece in some water before giving it to me. Oh and MESSAGE to PeeWee...those are MY gummy bears NOT yours! And get rid of that stupid dog, she takes up too much of my attention. OOOHHH is that an Ice Cream truck I hear??????? I am going to scream the word Ice Cream all day until you get me some, why? Because I can!!!!!!

I walk outside with my two babies on my shoulders each day. If it is at all wet out I have to carry the Shih Tzu as well (god forbid if the princess gets her feet wet). The comments that people make when they see this is all the proof I need.

Q: OMG You have a bird on your head!
A: No **** Sherlock, you don't think I can feel his little talons poking holes in my scalp. (not always said aloud but usually said in my head)

Q: Do you know you have bird poop on your back.
A: Yeah I'm sure there is some in my hair as well.

Q: OMG aren't you afraid the dog will eat the birds?
A: Actually I'm more afraid that the 4 oz parrots will attack the 18 pound dog. TRUST ME, Daisy wants NOTHING to do with either one....well ok just the mean one (Cheeky). She kinda likes PeeWee. He walks on her back to scratch her.

Q: Has Daisy ever attacked the birds?
A: Yes, it ended in Blood. Tears and Laughter! Daisy's blood, my tears and Cheeky's laughter.

Q: Can they fly?
A: Yes they can fly, can you talk?

Q: Why don't they fly away?
A: Would YOU fly away from a comfy home? One where you are waited on hand and foot. Where you get ANYTHING you want WHEN you want it?

Q: Last week your bird could fly, now he can't?
A: He was naughty so Mommy got fed up and snipped his wings.
Q: That sounds barbaric, doesn't it hurt?
A: Yeah they do bite pretty hard.
Q: No I mean to the bird.
A. The only thing injured was his pride.

Think that pretty much sums things up

OP
SandyBee

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
That was too funny!!

It is too bad that it is so hard to go across the border with them though, I would so take a cross country trip in a motor home and have them enjoy the Florida/ California and anywhere sunny beach I could find!!

Most Reactions