ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Can you guys tell me about blue crown conures? I fell in love with one at my bird store and I'm planning to get one when I'm either 16, 17, or 18, to make sure my life isn't going to drastically change in between the 4-6 years I have to think about it. I've always loved aratinga conures so much, specifically blue crowns, and I'm considering adding one to my flock in the years to come.
The only thing that's making me hesitate is noise. How noisy are they, really? :confused: Like, keep you up all night and day, or just somewhat noisy???
I know loads about suns and nandays, but not as much on blue crowns, they aren't as common I guess... Well, if you guys have any links or info, I'd really appreciate it! :D Meanwhile, I shall be soaking up information on these little buggers! (Or more likely be awwing over YouTube videos :p)

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
My blue crowns can be much louder than my suns. It isnt constant but quite ear piercing at times.

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Ok. From what I compare at the bird store the sundays are more constant noise-makers than the blue crowns. :)

SweetPeasFriend

Jun 25, 2012
Media
Parrots
Parent's have, I baby sit a blue crown conure.
My husband and I adopted a rescue blue and gold macaw.
Sweet Pea can be loud, but mostly he makes his other noises.

He's loud if you leave the room and he wants to call to you, or if someone he doesn't know comes to the house. He announces their arrival.

It hurts my ears if I am close. You can hear him outside the house for certain, over a car engine running, about 100 yards away, with the windows closed.

It's most certainly not constant.

Last edited:
OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Ooh okay! Thanks for all the input guys! Would love to hear more from the you all!

Most Reactions

Latest posts