GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thanks, friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used last year's thread, when he turned 32, so he's actually 33 now.
Yes, I have two ol' men these days!!!!!!!!!!!!

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Rickeybird *33* is incredible. So many happy, fun-filled and adventurous years shared. Love the Rickeybird scrapbook. What a marvelous idea - wish I had one for my "Babybird", so many pictures of him on different CDs over the years. Many more happy, fun-filled and adventurous days to you both!! :ip::gift::smile041:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
The Rickeybird doesn't look a day over 2! Happy very belated hatchway RB.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
smbrds, your posts always make me grin. THANK YOU!!!!! Yeah, I treasure the scrapbook. I didn't start in for 2-3 years because I was so convinced he wouldn't live. This was back in pre-history when there was no 'net or nuthin'!

dhraiden... we thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwibird, thank you. He really doesn't look a day over 2, does he? He probably looks better... at 2, he still got those dark stress-bars on his flights and tail. Not now: he rules the world... stress? Nawwww...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Happy VERY Belated Hatchday to Sir RB!!!

Life was rather hectic at the time, so I never got to send hatchway wishes out to one of my favorite bad boys of the parrot community! Gail, for a conure to be looking so good and spritely and YOUNG at 33 is definitely a testament to the amazing love and care that you give him. Well done, my friend.

And big ups to the RickeyBird, harassing the ladies for 30 years and counting! (Hey, I figure he might have had at least 3 years of innocence!)

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Indeed, he had pretty much three years of innocence, and then... ROOSTERHOOD!!!!
And everybody's world changed.
I'll never forget when the show COPS came out in 1990 (he was several years into roosterhood then), with the theme "Bad Boys", by Inner Circle. I began singing "Bad Bird" and I still do...
He's my longest successful relationship. Gah.
Thanks, my good friend!

Most Reactions

Latest posts