The Severe Macaw Follow up

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Ok so I went and got the Macaw Sunday all they had for her was a carry cage no toys and no food to take with me. She is beautiful (pic soon) fully feathered not aggressive just not hand tame and seriously shoulder spoiled.
So today I got her Beaks, Nails, and Wings trimmed; a new cage and a bath in the shower. She eats pellets and tried a carrot but she is not to sure about the others veggies or fruits. I made a "T" Perch and started step-ups, over the next few days we will start on tricks. Oh and after a slow start she loves popcorn. No one had ever named her not the breeder or the People I got her from so I'm thinking " Nova" Any thoughts from the group?

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
congrats on your new baby, I think Nova is a neat name, sounds like you are going to give him a wonderful home. looking forward to the pics:D

momto3

Mar 19, 2012
Nova is a cool name! I can't believe that you are her third owner and she has not had a name. Their loss is your gain--post pictures when you can!

Most Reactions