Things you don't think about when you get a mac

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Did you see that photo of the Hyacinth macaw breeder? (It's in the post about appropriate Hy cages.) I wanna be THAT GUY!

A friend of mine breeds Hys. I remember sitting down with eight of them on the couch one time... "socializing them." I was "helping out." That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I did see that :) At one of our local stores they have a Hy that I always spend time with when I go in for supplies.

IT WOULD BE HARD NOT TO... IN FACT, I'D PROBABLY BE MAKING EXCUSES ABOUT NEEDING SUPPLIES JUST TO PLAY WITH HIM...

Okay, you caught me. I didn't really need anything except a big blue fix...

I admit we're there almost every other weekend :) It's a male and i I'd gladly take him home.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
They're fun, but your "little blue" will be just as much fun, equally mushy, and WAY, WAY, WAY less expensive...

There is part of me that still wants a Hy and a BTM. BUT... I know I am at the limit of what I can do, and one more upsets the applecart. I'll play with them every chance I get, but they will be other people's birds...

Unless I hit the lottery. THEN I'LL HAVE AN AVIARY FROM HELL!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Most Reactions

Latest posts