Banned
Banned
Jul 28, 2010
Media
Melbourne, FL
Parrots
Violet - Black Masked Lovebird hatch date 2-26-11

Jessie - B&G Macaw hatch date 4-3-11
It could just be a cage for the bird to use while he is outside... You cant always judge a book by it's cover....

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
There is an old saying I heard once. Put a parrot in a round cage, and watch it slowly go nuts. If that is true or not I do not know.

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
Round cages do drive birds crazy :(

There is no safety, no wall to back into if they feel threatened.

Also, most round rounds are very tall, and not so wide, so no flying space.

Ugh.... :(

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Color me stupid but what is wrong with a round cage?
It makes the bird feel unsafe because there is no back wall to go to. And, maybe it is, but still, you shouldn't even own a round cage for your bird even if it will be in it for just outdoors.... And in my second post that is obviously the amazons cage.

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
RIP Pi - Sun Conure 02/06/11 - 09/10/11
I had no idea. My mother used to keep finches in a big old fashioned round cage. Now I feel bad for the poor little things.

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
I had no idea. My mother used to keep finches in a big old fashioned round cage. Now I feel bad for the poor little things.

Aww :(
I just came across this... I wasn't intentionally looking for it... In this video if you pause at 0:07 there is a bird (looks like a GCC?) in a round cage.

Cecilia

Banned
Banned
Jul 28, 2010
Media
Melbourne, FL
Parrots
Violet - Black Masked Lovebird hatch date 2-26-11

Jessie - B&G Macaw hatch date 4-3-11
It makes the bird feel unsafe because there is no back wall to go to. And, maybe it is, but still, you shouldn't even own a round cage for your bird even if it will be in it for just outdoors.... And in my second post that is obviously the amazons cage.

if you noticed the person had the cage against the wall so it did have some sort of safe haven. Its not that big of a deal in this case .. as far as im concerned. The bird does not look like its uncomfortable... you all call not again i repeat CANNOT judge a book by its cover. NOT EVERY bird may go crazy if its enjoying its outside sun ... come on people your not a damn bird.. just bc you'd go crazy doesnt mean the bird will if it's not permanitly living in it.... seriously....

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots

if you noticed the person had the cage against the wall so it did have some sort of safe haven. Its not that big of a deal in this case .. as far as im concerned. The bird does not look like its uncomfortable... you all call not again i repeat CANNOT judge a book by its cover. NOT EVERY bird may go crazy if its enjoying its outside sun ... come on people your not a damn bird.. just bc you'd go crazy doesnt mean the bird will if it's not permanitly living in it.... seriously....

Yes but Im not only talking about the bird out side.

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
The guy probably has 2 huge cages inside. If look one outside cage is nice. Who know they mighta bought that big brass one when they were "ok"
And now already rotated cages 3 times. The bird seem to be in good feather and oviously is sociable. Seem happy too

Most Reactions

Latest posts