macaws

Bongo

Dec 27, 2010
I would imagine you couldn't, but most importantly you shouldn't! That would be hugely stressful flight for the bird, and without water, I would think it is impossible. I'm sure there are quarantine regulations when bringing a bird into Australia as well. I am not an expert, but to me shipping that far seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
There has to be a way to get macaws to Australia, or there wouldn't be ANY macaws in Oz. However, I agree with Bongo...that it's going to be very stressful to say the least, and possibly fatal. So, I'd check with rescues, vets and zoos for the best info on that

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
There's special airlines that spicificly trans port animals. It cost much more but Garenteed safety of em. Unless something happened disastrous.
They have water food and someone to watch over the area so everything is ok.
It's still extremely stressful. But there a way. But I honestly still wouldn do it. I'd stick to the states. Imo

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
A friend of mine moved to England, she said it was a mess trying to get her parrot over there. So she ended up leaving it with a friend. There goes my dream of moving to England.

Maybe if you flew over and rode back with the parrot it would be different. I took my parrots to FL with me. They rode under my seat. :)

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Hi Brock it is illegal to import any parrot into Australia. So if you want to buy a Macaw you will have to pay $5500 for one here. That's the going price for a B&G Macaw.

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Ouch! Why so much?

Most Reactions