Tips on how to cheer up a mourning Love bird

Dearyrose123

May 6, 2014
Parrots
Love Birds. Fenches, a pink parrot, and a red parrot.
Hi, my twin sister's peach faced lovebird, Lullaby died today. :green1: :( And she's putting up a tough girl face so my cousin and me don't feel bad since, we all had attachments to the lovebird. Anyway, I was wounder what her mate, my peach face love bird, Screach, :green1: will be like after he relizes she is dead? The two were from the same nest (or so we were told from the nice lady few blocks down who gave them to us) and were given together, along with Baby, our cousin's yellow face bird :greenyellow:, and the two have shared a cage together so I'm worried on how he will be later on.. Can any one give me tips on what I should expect and how I can cheer up Screach when he mourns??

Last edited:

Lovie

Feb 8, 2014
America~
Parrots
Birdie, my Lutino lovebird.
I'm so sorry for your loss... do you know why Lullaby died? It might be a good idea to find out (if you don't) to make sure Screach isn't at risk.

About mourning, well... Screach will probably be lonely, and somewhat confused since its friend isn't there anymore. Some people suggest getting a mirror so the bird doesn't feel alone, but the mirror can become an obsession object. It's up to you (and the other owners) on whether to get a mirror or not.

The reaction of Screach depends on how bonded they were. Still, it'll be pretty devastating for Screach.

You can get Screach a new mate, but sometimes, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Again though, I'm sorry. :(

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
I would start spending more time with him and you become his new company and best buddy. I'm so sorry for your loss too I recently lost my entire flock): wish you guys the best of luck!

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Hi, my twin sister's peach faced lovebird, Lullaby died today. :green1: :( And she's putting up a tough girl face so my cousin and me don't feel bad since, we all had attachments to the lovebird. Anyway, I was wounder what her mate, my peach face love bird, Screach, :green1: will be like after he relizes she is dead? The two were from the same nest (or so we were told from the nice lady few blocks down who gave them to us) and were given together, along with Baby, our cousin's yellow face bird :greenyellow:, and the two have shared a cage together so I'm worried on how he will be later on.. Can any one give me tips on what I should expect and how I can cheer up Screach when he mourns??

Hello Dearyrose,

I was thinking what DannyA93 said, try to spend TONS of loving Time with Screach !!

Very, Very, Sorry for your loss

Joe

Most Reactions